BIG plug for CSS (Carolina Shooter's Supply)

Heya Peeps,

I just ordered some stuff from CSS this morning, and the website said it'd be shipped USPS priority mail. Well our mailbox at work, where I have items shipped to, is kind of small and the post office would almost certainly have delayed delivery rather than doing something sensible..... So I asked CSS by email to ship the order UPS using the confirmation number as a reference.

Now though I asked for an accomodation, I truly didn't expect any action....the item could get to me by USPS and it's a departure from their normal procedure so I asked because I figured it couldnt' hurt....but didn't really expect what I got. Within TWO HOURS of my order and email requesting a shipping change, I got the email notification from UPS that the item has been scheduled for pickup.

Kudos bigtime to CSS for AMAZING customer service. I'll post again when I get the items. ^_^ I ordered a galil style tapco foregrip, two 30 round mags, and the clip on AK-74 style muzzle brake. Pics will be forthcoming when I'm finished. On another note I got a scope for the rifle, seemed like a great deal. 3-9 X 42, blue illuminated rangefinder reticle, .223 bullet drop compensator, and integral 5mw laser sight. That's going on there Friday when it comes in. Right now I have a red dot sight on a UTG 978 side mount, got 2.5 inch groups from a rest using the dot. I have the factory skeletonized stock and I have to say it's quite comfortable, and the trigger though a tad creepy, is quite acceptable, I don't intend to convert it to PG configuration.

I bought the rifle from another forum member, Paul Youngquist, and it was as advertised, unfired and with all items from the factory, well packed and delivered without incident. I am enjoying it immensely.

Jeff Waite

aka GIJeff

Edited by GIJeff
On another note I got a scope for the rifle, seemed like a great deal. 3-9 X 42, blue illuminated rangefinder reticle, .223 bullet drop compensator, and integral 5mw laser sight. That's going on there Friday when it comes in.

Jeff Waite

aka GIJeff

Tell me more about this scope/laser sight. Got a link or pictures? I've got a factory .223 aswell that I don't intend on converting. How is that UTG scope mount on centering over the barrel? Is that the quick release model?

TIA

Smoky

I just got that one too, it's sweet.

The QR attachment is a little funny, and it is kinda heavy, but not too bad,... and compact too..

they are cheapest on ebay,...

On another note I got a scope for the rifle, seemed like a great deal. 3-9 X 42, blue illuminated rangefinder reticle, .223 bullet drop compensator, and integral 5mw laser sight. That's going on there Friday when it comes in.

Jeff Waite

aka GIJeff

Tell me more about this scope/laser sight. Got a link or pictures? I've got a factory .223 aswell that I don't intend on converting. How is that UTG scope mount on centering over the barrel? Is that the quick release model?

TIA

Smoky

Heyas,

The UTG mount is dead center imho, or at least close enough a tool and die man can't tell the difference, and yes it is the quick release model. As to the scope....It's an NC-Star...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

It is a pretty nice scope for it's intended purpose. I have a scope that is 1/8th inch clicks on my sub MOA rifle, I haven't yet determined how accurate this rifle can be. This scope is adequate for it's intended purpose, 100-300 meters, possibly out to 500 if you're feeling lucky. Clicks on this scope are 1/2 inch at 100 yards. Hey, what do you expect, it's a chinese scope I paid less than 200 bucks for. A leopold or Schmidt and Bender it's not....but 155.00 shipped. :D

Jeff Waite

aka GIJeff

post-19682-1249787260_thumb.jpg

Heya Peeps,

Very sweet looking setup. I think I'm about to dent my CC for that scope, UTG, DPH Flashhider.

You had a chance for range trip/report?

This weekend I should have it out to the range to sight it in, I took it last weekend but I had issues with the scope being loose on the mount, had to get the right allen wrench to tighten it up. It's snug as a bug in a rug now, so we shall see. Before I discovered the loose mount I had a few groups that were well under two inches, but given the loose mount I can't definitively say anything much about the accuracy.

Jeff Waite

aka GIJeff

Can't beat C.S.S. for fast shipping or for going WAY out of the way to help a customer out. Greg is an outstanding man and understands the sometimes forgotten style of customer service. That's the way you get repeat sales. Like the old saying "you get a good deal, you tell your friends...you get shafted, you tell EVERYONE"

Heya Peeps,

Well I got the scope mount solid now and it is shooting about 1.5-2.5 inch groups pretty regular with the cheapest ammo money can buy....the poly coated steel cased wolf ammo, fmj, not hp. I can't wait to get some loadable brass and a lee loader to start playing around finding out what load she REALLY likes. Considering the cheapness of the ammo, I'm pretty well satisfied with those groups....they were all vertically strung, which indicates velocity differences as the likely culprit. Given the quality control likely with such cheap ammo...I have no complaints. I know I can make a head shot at 100 meters with the cheap stuff, and might be able to pull one off as far out as 200 meters. With longer shots I'd want better ammo. I already have sub MOA rifles, and this one wouldn't be the one I'd choose for long distance sniping anyway.

Jeff Waite

aka GIJeff