Question for the moderators re: Avatars

Dear respected friends/moderators:

I have noticed that many members change or rotate their avatars. I had grown a bit tired of mine, and just recently changed it. I want to rotate a few which are of interest to me, or which, obviously, I like.

I have a friend who lives in one of our rather "depressed" states (hint, Juggs lives there, too). This friend has a successful business modifying Remington 870s into kick ass tactical worthy, higher end, shotguns which are generally marketed to law enforcement agencies, but he does also sell his guns to the public.

Anyway, to make a long story short, he builds probably the best high end 870s I have seen, for the best price. I have a few pieces of his work and they put Wilson Combat to shame. I was thinking about using a picture of one of his guns as one of my avatars. However, the best pictures of his guns, at least the ones available on the internet, have his logo in the background. May I use one of those pictures as one of my avatars? I do not wish to cause problems with our valued business members, but I don't believe my friend really competes with the products currently available from any of our business members.

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge

Cobra:

Unfortunately, I am committed to being "Mr. Dad" this weekend while my wife works. I've got to run the girls all over the place for events and Alyssa's new job - Mean old Dad is making her save to pay 1/2 of her car insurance bill before she can get her license!

WJ

Given the current business relation atmosphere on the forum it would probably be the safest if there were no commercial references in the pic, IMO.

Thanks Tritium, that is what I suspected. I prefer to be safe, rather than sorry. Things have been a bit "testy" lately.

WJ