input on AMD offer im getting?

Ok, My neighbor is selling most of his Ak collection and he has put a few offers together for me for two rifles

one is the WASR 10 which i don't want,

The other is a mint unfired AMD 65 FEG

w/ 770 russian surplus rds

1 75 round drum

5 20 rd mags

1 30 rd mag

2 un used east german ak "mag pouch"

for 1000.00

do you think thats too much?:unsure:

ive seen them around here for 550 to 600.00

Edited by Indyk

The FEG receiver AMD are still getting $600 - $650

Ammo thinking around $200 today's market

The mags are in the park at $180 - $200

Pouches are cheap

So your in the area for prices and it's not a bad pile of stuff if you want an AMD

Well, I've never seen an AK clip that held more than 10 rounds... The drums are a pain to find right now (no such thing as a 70-round drum though, must be 75 or 100) and last one I saw sold used went for $110. The East German mag pouches are common and cost five bucks or so each, retail. If the 20-round magazine are the Hungarian tankers meant for the rifle, those cost $15-20 each new these days. He's asking full retail and then some. If it's old Russian surplus, actually corrosive-primed steel-core stuff the package is worth it and you should do it now without further hesitation. If it's modern-production non-corrosive FMJ stuff, well, meh. See if he'll come down a couple hundred bucks.

.. for 1000.00

do you think thats too much?:unsure:

ive seen them around here for 550 to 600.00

It seems that you aready knew the answer to your question.

Just make him an offer. If he says no, there should be no hard feelings, but tell him that you have decided to buy one ASAP and if he changes his mind before you do to let you know.

I have bought a lot of guns, cars, and motorcycles just this way. Donald Trump said that the deal in not dead till you quit talking about it or close the door on further negotiation!

Sorry, corrections made, 70 has been edited to 75 and clips have been changed to mags..... :cryss:

Ive decided to try and talk him down to 850.00

Thanks to all who responded.

Edited by Indyk