Tactical Galil style Handguard

You will have to figure out a way to mount it to your gun becuase the saiga foregrips are nothing similar to the AKs. Which means you have to mod a retainer on or press off your fsb and put an ak gas block on to mount it. Also I wouldnt pay much more than they have as their starting bid. You can buy them from tapco for $40.

http://www.tapco.com/product_information.a...dept=39&last=39

It's held on with a modified scope ring, but it's worked so far. Although I haven't done anymore extensive shooting with it, I'm sure an slippage could be fixed with a set screw and an accompanying recess in the barrel.

s308rs.jpg

I measured the upper and lower handguard retainer on my AK for you.

Upper is 1 1/16" tall X 1 1/4" wide OD and it measures 1 1/8" across to the insides of the flange.

Lower is 1 3/8" tall X 1 1/4" wide OD. Also measures 1 1/8" inside.

Please let me know if you figure out a way to fabricate something that will snap over barrel without removal of gas block. i'm trying to figure out something so I can put wood AK handguards on my Saigas.

Thanks Cobra!

I bought some of the pistol grip flanges that fit on top of the wood grips cheap. I have manged to radius the curve of them out enough for them to work maybe, I have to figure out how to attach them to the guard, but they should work. I will order a handguard and try it soon. Basically it will work like the factory handguard, where you use a screw to hold it in and it semi floats up front.

These would be a lot cheaper than the 14 dollar + shipping retainers.