Adjusting Front Sight

I have the AK sight adjustment tool, and was able to get the elevation dialed in. But it is shooting just a hair left.

While I was at the range I could not get the windage adjustment to move at all, no matter how hard I tried to crank on the sight adjustment tool. Any suggestions for loosening it up, to be able to get a little adjustment?

Hawk,

Make sure that you have the hole centered over the drum. It could be hitting it and preventing movement. You could also just tap it with a small hammer covered with cloth or leather.

Thanks for the response, I did try to have it centered, but I might have been off. I think I will try the small hammer, and see if it is just stuck with paint.

Try moving it in the opposite direction first if it won't give the way you want it too. They are very tight to prevent loss of zero through repeated firing. I had a hard time moving the ones on my S308, but they moved eventually.