Shooters Roundup at Ahlman's - Full Auto Shoot!

Shot an AK74 fully automatic 5.45x39 and a Krink 5.45x39 - - - Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

In the large photo you can see the AK74 next to the Tantal and the Krink next to it.

Boys shot full auto as well, 10 year old = AK74, 13 year old = M16!

I was surprised at the control of the AK74 and thought the Krink would be worst, but that's not the case! The AK74, with compensator had a higher cycle rate and muzzle blast, the Krink was a lower cycle rate without the blow back of the brake -- a real pussy cat. This was the best day of my life! Watching my boys do full mag dumps -- in full auto!

After they shot, they said the submachine guns were not that bad, Hey I told them, those were full power wepons they fired! They were happy after that!

If you ever get the chance to go, I can't say enough about this shoot! Just do it!

Enjoy!

http://www.ahlmans.com/events.html

post-11604-1250995401_thumb.jpg

post-11604-1250995764_thumb.jpg

post-11604-1250995774_thumb.jpg

post-11604-1250995784_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I finally was able to rip a photo out of the video of my son shooting the 5.45X39 AK74

We both shot AK74 and I shot the Krink.

I like the 5.45X39!!

I told him when they ask him what he did during the summer break at school to tell them he shot a Machine Gun!

(he shoots my .223 Saiga! just fine!)

Sweet!

post-11604-1252588895_thumb.jpg

post-11604-1252588984_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fluid Power
I would have drove the 2 1/2 hours to go do this. Give me a heads up next time please.

Your on!

Maybe RRA can do a Saiga firearm shooting booth there! The gun store on site has all kinds of Saiga's in stock!

Every major and minor firearm manufacturer was there and had real test fire opportunities with their products! I know they are expanding the range and belive me, it is massive now!

It is a two day event and I just remembered, I know someone who is a gun nut and owns a large tract of land real close 3 - 5 miles away, maybe we can do a midwest Saiga shoot next summer!

I always wanted to go and I'm glad I did. I know I'm going back next year!

Frosty

I would have drove the 2 1/2 hours to go do this

Wuss. I drove 18 hours for this one :)

I shot the full-auto M14 in the first picture (second from left)..never ran one of those with "da switch" before. The guy chained the guns to the table so you couldn't make it climb over the berm. I stood tall with it for the chaining, then crouched while shooting so I could see what the rise was on the darn M14. Bad, not not horrible...

Tom Knapp puts on a hell of a show!

Alex

Hey Alex,

You got to admit it's one hell of a shooting show. I mean the whole thing! I'm going every year from here on. I've been to Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot (fall) and That's cool with the gun show that was out of this world. The Ahlman's round up is more of an overall shooting sports event.

I'm floating a Saiga Forum Midwest Shoot tied in with next years round up! You In? Make the 18 hours worth it.

Man, I still have the AK74 full auto shoot stuck in my mind, that was sweet.

Cheers!

I usually try to take leave about that time anyway...not too hot, not too cold, and usually most of the moose-squitoes are dead by then. Sounds like fun :)

I must admit, though, that I visit the frozen tundra of Minnesota at that time of year so I can get my "deep fried Snickers bar (on a stick)" and "Spam Curds" fix in at the Fair :D

This visit, I took my sister and my niece to see the world-famous Spam Museum in Austin. Neat!

Alex