BHO spring woes

Okay. So first off I have to give many thanks to Deussne, who sent me an improved BHO plate and spring. The new BHO from AAM is leagues beyond the stock one.

So I have made a lot of progress, but still not done. I honestly spent 4 hours today trying to align the pins. I know I'm a dumbass. Anyway the pin for the trigger went in nice and easy. No big deal there. The hammer pin however has brought a whole new world of bitch made to my life.

For some friggin reason the pin is almost flush with the safety side, but it stops. I tried wiggling the pin from the non-safty side while pushing, hammering the shit, nothing. It won't budge that last half a mm. And thanks to that, I can't slide the wire to lock the pin in place. Both of these pins are the same right? Am I just a retard?

So I have that hammer pin coming through the safety side of the receiver, but nothing i do will get it to seat. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I can see space on the non-safety side of the pin and from what I can tell there is nothing stopping it from going in, so I even lubed the pin and nothing.

And to add insult to injury, after wrestling with the damn gun for the past four hours, I seem to have scratched it up a few times. This blows.

I tried doing it the way shown in the CSS video. Poked at it for a while and gave up on that method, I think the needle nose pliers I was using did not have a small enough nose on it.

Tried the dental floss method and had it done in a few minutes.

When you're not making progress, change your tactics. :)

he is having problems with the hammer pin, not the trigger pin.

Hmm..

I suspect that your problem is due to the ridge on the non-safety side. Do you have the springs arms engaged onto the Trigger, or do you have them tied back to the hammer? If the springs are tied to the hammer, they are not going to provide any pressure against the hammer and the hammer pin, and will allow you to line up the parts much easier.

I had the spring arms tied to the hammer, and I grabbed the hammer itself and twisted/nudged it while keeping firm pressure on the hammer pin with my other thumb... it just clicked and went in without much effort.

Trying to do it with the spring engaged, however, results in new swear words being created.

yah the springs are not tied up. They are resting in their position. That does make sense though. The thing thats annoying is that it was already in the friggin hole. It just wouldn't budge that last little bit argh. Haha I don't think anyone has had as much issue as me.

Gonna give it a whirl again. haha

I converted mine on Sunday and the hilarious thing is that one of the easiest parts was getting the BHO spring in. All you have to do is start it like in the CSS vid...and chuck the pliers or floss or other useless crap. Use the pin to tilt the FCG and BHO up, set the spring in where it should go on the BHO, and then put the pin through the spring and then just push everything down. It's a joke how easy it was.

The safety on mine was a PITA to get in, though, because it didn't want to clear the BHO...

can't imagine why the hammer pin wouldn't go all the way if it was already in the hole on the other side....