Conversion complete!

Just finished my Saiga 12 conversion and am sitting here having a :beer: to celebrate. The bolt hold open and safety gave me a bit of a hard time, but after some very harsh language, some threats and a cut thumb everything came together. Only took about 4 hours.

Since I live in Commiefornia I had to make a bullet button mag lock device to fit on the Tromix trigger guard. That took the longest. It's still in prototype stage (a little rough) but it works and will keep me outta jail. I hate California......

I can't belive how much better my Saiga feels after the conversion. She balances great. Hopefully she still shoots as well as she did before the conversion. I'll be wringing her out with a few hundred rounds this weekend.

Thanks for all the great info here on the forum. It sure made doing the conversion quick and easy. If I had the energy right now I'd post a pic. I'll try tomorrow.

Again, thanks for all the info!

Looking good. Sucks about California, I work out there in the summers and have to leave all of my cool toys behind in the free state of Colorado..

"Free state of Colorado" my ass. :evil:

Did you know that it is against CO state law to be "in possession of a firearm while under the influence of intoxicating liquor"? You'll notice that it makes no mention of where this is illegal, (it applies even within your own home), and it doesn't say that you must be legally drunk, just "under the influence".

Trust me, as a fellow resident, CO is not nearly as gun-friendly as you may think. :angry2:

Looks good. In fact, that's exactly what mine looked like before I changed the furnature out, except I didn't have the Tromix TG at first. It handled nicely in that configuration. The Warsaw stock wasa bit short for me though.

P. A........ I hope that deal with the "firearm possesion while under the influence" thing is going OK for you.

Corbin

Edited by Corbin
Looking good. Sucks about California, I work out there in the summers and have to leave all of my cool toys behind in the free state of Colorado..

Did you know that it is against CO state law to be "in possession of a firearm while under the influence of intoxicating liquor"? You'll notice that it makes no mention of where this is illegal, (it applies even within your own home), and it doesn't say that you must be legally drunk, just "under the influence".

Trust me, as a fellow resident, CO is not nearly as gun-friendly as you may think. :angry2:

Wow really? I have never even heard of that. I see where they're coming from with that, but what happens if you've had a beer and someone breaks in your house?? Tell them to take what they want because you cant legally defend yourself because of that beer? F that :anger:

Still maintaining that we are better than California though.

BTW, where are you at in CO?

Wow really? I have never even heard of that. I see where they're coming from with that, but what happens if you've had a beer and someone breaks in your house?? Tell them to take what they want because you cant legally defend yourself because of that beer? F that :anger:

Still maintaining that we are better than California though.

BTW, where are you at in CO?

Here's the law. As you can see, even when in your own home, if one of your guns is anywhere near you and not locked in a safe, the second you have a sip of beer, you are in violation of the law under section d. That sure seems constitutional, don't it? :evil:

The section forbidding "nunchaku" and "throwing stars" shows pretty plainly what imbeciles we all too often have writing our laws. I'm guessing that they added that back when Ninja Turtles was popular. :rolleyes:

Yes, I suppose that CO's laws are not as bad as CA's.. but the existence of bullshit state laws like this one prove that we're not that much freer.