Glock 21 .45acp to a Glock 20 10mm conversion

i know the glock 20 has a heavier slid. i bought i glock 21 barrel a i can see that the top part is abit to wide for the side i like to know if you had it shaved down to the same size as the glock 20 barrel would it work??? and why no glock 20 .45acp barrel conversion kits?? i thought 10mm was faster the .45acp and more psi to also. it seem to me that drop in barrel to .45acp would be nice change to the glock 20 . its getting hard to find 10mm. thinking of buying the .40 conversion barrel also. the one on the right is the glock 21 .45acp barrel

post-24709-12729668137099_thumb.jpg

Also when you get a second weigh the G21 slide and the G20 slide next to each other. You will quickly see that there is if any at all no variation in weight, oh yes by the way they use the EXACT same recoil rod.

Just my two cents........

you are 100% right that they use the same recoil rod......

pull a g20 slide and a g21 slide put them on the scale and watch me call bullshit on you

the g20 slide is heavier because not as much material is milled out of it.....

the conversion can be done, it can be ok, but if you want to fire nuclear 10mm noads then you would be better off with the g20

you will beat up the g21 slide and peen it if your using a 10mm conversion barrel and firing real 10mm......if you just want to shoot some 200gr xtps or something you will be fine

but there is a weight difference between the 21 and 20 slide.....

there also is a difference between the 9mm and .40 slide

the strongest of the glocks falls to the metric callibers 9mm and 10mm

and if anyone thinks i'm making any of this up i can provide pics(if you cant find them yourself)

but i have to call bullshit on g21 and g20 slides being the same..externally yeah, but internally no....

-jon

elia.jon1-No shit bud, my point was that if you put the 2 side by side (G20/G21) the difference is so small (notice how I said "if at all") that the Kaboom! theory has nothing to do with switching slides. Yup your right, they are different, because the ejection port sizes are different as well as the diameter of the hole that goes through the slide for the barrel.

So in short, yes the G20 is heavier (after putting both on the scale) I measure a difference of 39 grams or just a little over an 1 ounce. If thats a HUGE difference for you than hit the gym. My point was for the two to be compared and that you will find very little difference in the material there made of, there dimensions and how the internals work.

Also the idea is to use the G20 slide and barrel on a G21 lower NOT a conversion barrel (yes, I know there's one offered by Lone Wolf).

I suppose your the know it all type, so if your going to follow me around to every post and correct even the most minute details and completely missing the point of the topic to make a correction which is minor in importance, than prepare yourself for a super pie eating contest.

In short=Piss off

YARP

hey, i guess your talking about the 308 post where you think i'm trying to correct you.

but thats not the case, i just want to op to know the following.....

1. the conversion barrel will most likely do fine, if he wants to go that way, its thicker walled than the normal 10mm barrel, its the same od as the 45 barrel.

2. the glock 20 slide has thicker "walls" i dont give a damn about an ounce or so of weight but i might give a damn about a few thouands(or hundreths) difference in thickness

3. you can run 10mm in a g21 with a barrel conversion because the breechface is wider than it has to be

4. you cant run .45 in a g20 because the breechface is not wide enough

5. storm lake would be a cheaper place to get the same barrel rather than lone wolf(lone wolf had storm lake make their barrels at first the sl started making their own)

6. the metric glocks are the best because they have more thickness to the slide walls

i play with the glocks alot, i dont have my g20 anymore because i sold it to raise money to buy a new colt delta

yarp...weight aint the issue buddy

post-23112-12730326734215_thumb.jpg

Edited by elia.jon1