drill bits, what sizes???

Hey guys, I just bought some titanium hi speed drill bits w/ 135 pilot shank tips so i can start my conversion, but i don't know what size bit i need to use on the stock trigger rivet pins...I will be using air tools if it matters...

I have seen 3/16, 1/4" #21??? listed as possibles...Need facts people...

Also, once I grind down the trigger guard rivets, do I have to drill out the rest of the rivet or should I be able to punch it out??? If I have to drill it out, I need to know the size bit for that as well..

Thanks in advance... :wub:

Hey guys, I just bought some titanium hi speed drill bits w/ 135 pilot shank tips so i can start my conversion, but i don't know what size bit i need to use on the stock trigger rivet pins...I will be using air tools if it matters...

Also, once I grind down the trigger guard rivets, do I have to drill out the rest of the rivet or should I be able to punch it out??? If I have to drill it out, I need to know the size bit for that as well..

21 should work for ya... Really the rivets are really easy you can also Grind or chisel the top off and pop them out with a Punch..

1/4" for the factory pins that you end up throwing away. Just get the "rim" off and you can just push them out.

http://www.cross-conn.com/Saiga_Conversion/Step_2.htm

Thanks guys, I saw that tutorial that says 1/4", but saw other refrences to those other sizes as well, so I figured better to ask, and be called a lazy, weak, search-fu suckin', mo-fo; then to not ask, and ruin my weapon by drilling unneedingly huge holes in it...D'OH!

thanks

ETA..Just took back the titanium bits and got a set of cobalt bits...thanks for everything...Just waiting for a trigger guard,my krebs sights and KVAR base...Should get most of the conversion done minus welding and refinishing done this weekend...

Edited by lvjeffro