destroyed brass

Hi All

I went out to the range today with my brand new Saiga .223 and noticed that my brass has been destroyed that I shot...I mean never to be used again the mouth is really shaped like a mouth now and there are big dents in body of the brass also... What gives... I should also tell you that these are Lake City Reloads I did myself that were in very good shape. Any help is much aappreciated.

Put some rubber moulding weather stripping for automobiles over the leading edge of the dustcover... that will help a little bit... otherwise... Welcome to the world of the AK. Thats how brass looks when you shoot it and it ejects from an AK...

You can full length resize them. The case necks will open up and most of the dent will come out... they will work again in the Saiga. You arent loading sniper ammo, in a sniper rifle, so dont expect too much to begin with. :up:

:smoke:

Put some rubber moulding weather stripping for automobiles over the leading edge of the dustcover... that will help a little bit... otherwise... Welcome to the world of the AK. Thats how brass looks when you shoot it and it ejects from an AK...

You can full length resize them. The case necks will open up and most of the dent will come out... they will work again in the Saiga. You arent loading sniper ammo, in a sniper rifle, so dont expect too much to begin with. :up:

Thanks, I will do that. I'm learning that there are trade offs with everything when it comes to firearms.

pretty much... Thats one reason I shoot ONLY steel cased, non reloadable wolf ( or similar type) ammo out of the Saiga .223... just cause I hate seeing the brass wasted... all my reloads are for the AR15... although I COULD use them in the saiga if I HAD to... :unsure:

I got this: "Door Edge Guard" pn T3802 Professional Automotive Trim at Auto Zone. U-SHAPED style comes with 2 pieces. MORE than you will ever need. I roughed up the area where I wanted tp put it, on both my 223 and my .308 and cut about a 2" piece. I used super glue to hold it in place. It goes on the upper part of the open area of the dust cover, near the point where the dust cover line makes about a 45 degree cut to go down toward the receiver.

I have little damage from my brass and reload. I also put in an extra 1/2" of coil spring on the end of the reoil spring end that gives the bolt carrier a little less force in coming back. That seems to really help as well.

I got this: "Door Edge Guard" pn T3802 Professional Automotive Trim at Auto Zone. U-SHAPED style comes with 2 pieces. MORE than you will ever need. I roughed up the area where I wanted tp put it, on both my 223 and my .308 and cut about a 2" piece. I used super glue to hold it in place. It goes on the upper part of the open area of the dust cover, near the point where the dust cover line makes about a 45 degree cut to go down toward the receiver.

I have little damage from my brass and reload. I also put in an extra 1/2" of coil spring on the end of the reoil spring end that gives the bolt carrier a little less force in coming back. That seems to really help as well.

Any pics of these mods?