A Few questions

so...my saiga 12 can be a bit pricey on the ammo...so i want to get a saiga 762 as a plinker due to the lower ammo costs, and still have a practical gun.

im looking for a few guides...a guide on converting it to accept standard AK mags, and is it possible to attach the barrel plunge on the saigas like it is on the standard AK? if so what is needed

So you plink with a 12 gauge right now? Your neighbors must love you! lol

Anyhow http://www.dinzagarms.com/ sells the stuff and has some good info on converting to accept ak mags, add a feed ramp and do a little filing and your set. As far as a barrel plunge?

I'm not really sure what your talking about unless you mean the cleaning rod. It's possible. I haven't read up much on the how to's of it because I don't care to keep it on my rifle.

In order to make it mount a cleaning rod, you need to replace the factory front sight base with an AK74/103 type FSB with 24mmx1.5 R threads for the AK 74 style break. I converted on of my two that way. It's for sale on GB right now. I never bothered to pick up the short cleaning rod, though.

DSC03740.jpg

That one has the Tapco Galil handguard, though. Best would be to also replace the gas tube , put on a handguard retainer, and a K-Var AK handguard set, which adds another $125 to the project. That would look like this:

DSC03700.jpg