G2 trigger + furniture for my .308!

Well, before I go to bed, just thought I'd post that my .308 (I have one now, YES), now has the Tapco FCG, the Tapco Intrafuse fore grip with tri rails, Tapco PG, and the Tapco T6 stock that I had modified for the recoil of the .308. This is the "old" T6 stock I had that had the integrated pistol grip on it, but just took off the PG and mounted as normal.

The safety lever is shorter than the .223, so I swapped it and then worked on the safety lever this afternoon. I silver soldered a nail to the ridge on the safety that meets the trigger group. Then I cut the nail and ground down the nail/part so that it would fit into the rifle. Now my .223 has the safety that came with the .308 and my .308 has the safety lever from my .223.

The BHO is a bitch. No two ways about it. I did cut the tab back a bit before putting it in the rifle, so it would not be by my finger when it was on the trigger. Everything else was pretty standard, except that I did not have to plug up 4 holes the way this screwy trigger is designed, there is no cross piece pin for the trigger back there.

I suggest when you do it, check out the parts before you install the springs, etc. Make sure that they are where and what you want. I had to remove some material from my hammer for the bolt to strike the hammer. I also had to modify the front trigger guard machine screw and nut so that I had enough clearance for the bolt. I'll post pics later.. .. now to bed.

Edited by Darth AkSarBen

Yes. Old stock has 3 screws and with a bit of persuasion, and a dead blow hammer, I got it off the rifle. The new one just slides right in and you have to dril for the phillips head screws they send. Also, they send the drill, but I didn't use it. It was too small before, so I drilled with the next size bigger dril (fractions). Very easy to install. Fore grip is about as simple.

I bought stock, PG, foregrip to replace the one for my .223 and moved all that furniture over to the .308 PLUS I bought a Tapco G2 trigger group, and retainer plate for this rifle (.308). Total came up to around $163.00 with shipping.

Not bad at all. Thanks... :super: Converting my Saiga was simple; I'd might do a .308 one day. I have an StG 58 FAL that runs like a raped ape and shoots like yours w/ handloads.

Those loads that you made to get those tight groups, did you have military or commercial brass?

Edited by concretus

Went to Dunham's Sporting Good store and bought some Remington PSP 150gr Core-LOKT bullets. Tag said $19.99 but at the register they scanned for $14.99. I got 2 boxes..might get more!! I was shooting some reloads this evening and thought I'd try the Remington. All I had was left over Pizza Hut box in the trunk, so I took off the bottom of the box, made a quarter size "bulls eye" with magic marker and set it up at 100 yards. Shot 5 shots. Couldn't figure out exactly where they were hitting until I walked up on the target and then I knew why. They were nearly all in the black and nearly all touching each other in an oversized hole. Took a bullet apart and near as I can tell it is BL-C(2) powder (ball) and has 46.4 gr of powder behind a 150 gr PSP flat based bullet, more than likely Remington *S* More than likely a Remington primer. Don't know if just LR or LR magnum 9 1/2 or 9 1/2M (Remington's designation). Would hazard a guess and suspect that they are magnum primers since ball (spherical) powder is harder to ignite completely without magnum primers.

Nice group, so if anyone says AK or SAIGA is a Minute Of Pie Plate rifle, I can seriously doubt them. 100 yards, 5 shot group shot into a pizza box.

308_saiga_rem150psp.jpg

308Saiga_Rem150_pizzatarget.jpg

PS I can cover the group with a nickel!