I bought two of these on a whim since HK has a good rep. I am extremely happy with my purchase.. They are both very accurate, reliable and safe.

The squeeze mechanism in the front cocks the weapon and will release the slide after a fresh mag is inserted. You only have to squeeze once, then empty the mag, insert a new mag and squeeze again and the slide drops, loading the top round and cocks it all in one motion.. If you release the squeeze lever, the weapon de-cocks and engages the drop safety. The action is a gas retard system. The barrel has the polygonal rifling and is mounted to the frame. I've read that the extracter isn't even necessary and was added for redundancy.

My wife and I have put over 500 rounds through each pistol and have not had a single FTE or any type of malfunction. I am not a crack shot with most pistols and these things make me look good. :)

The good:

Very accurate

Very reliable

Unique safety mechanism

Compact size

Clean, thin profile that has no protruding hammer.

9mm (Easy to find ammo that's still affordable)

The bad:

Gets hot after repeated firing (gas system)

Pretty heavy for its size

Magazines are outrageously priced at $67 if you can find them.

Magazines hold only 8 rounds.

Holster options are fewer than the more popular weapons.

post-3097-1252956345187_thumb.jpg

Which is only a drawback to recreational shooting (don't you have other guns to shoot while the P7 cools down?)

If you're using it in a HD situation, I doubt it'll get hot at all (or if you'll notice it if it does).

Yeah, having 3 more rounds than most revolvers must suck.

If you need more than a couple of rounds to solve your issues, you don't need a pistol to solve 'em with . .

They are among the finest guns ever made.

Which is only a drawback to recreational shooting (don't you have other guns to shoot while the P7 cools down?)

If you're using it in a HD situation, I doubt it'll get hot at all (or if you'll notice it if it does).

Yeah, having 3 more rounds than most revolvers must suck.

If you need more than a couple of rounds to solve your issues, you don't need a pistol to solve 'em with . .

They are among the finest guns ever made.

I agree on all points made.. They are deffinately one of the best handguns I have ever fired. I also should have included "price" somewhere in there as well.. The ones I have are police trade ins, were made in the 80's and still run around $600-$700 dealer cost once you have them shipped.

They have been called, "a Gun Fighter's Pistol." I have a P7 M10 in .40 S&W that I have had for years.

Nice Azrial! That's a rare one! I'd hold onto it!

I know, it is a factory hard chrome model with several mags and a European holster. I used it in a commercial film to demonstrate close proximity shooting techniques. But, I am going to sell or trade it for a Valmet or a 7.62x39 Galil... :D

• Like 1

They have been called, "a Gun Fighter's Pistol." I have a P7 M10 in .40 S&W that I have had for years.

Nice Azrial! That's a rare one! I'd hold onto it!

I know, it is a factory hard chrome model with several mags and a European holster. I used it in a commercial film to demonstrate close proximity shooting techniques. But, I am going to sell or trade it for a Valmet or a 7.62x39 Galil... :D

Don't do i! You'll regret it.... Sure wish I had a valmet or galil..... Or a bunch of cash.

• 2 weeks later...