MD-20 locks in but without the "click"

I compare it to the Russian S12 mag that has that distinctive "click". I also noted that once the Russain mag is in the mag release is pointing at about 6:30 but the MD-20 is straight down at 6:00. Anyone else had this experience during the fitting process?

I did have to remove very little, per the instructions for "Fit Check A" and also removed a little from Check B. It now feels firmly locked with little effort. The fitting video mentions that it can appear to be locked but not fully.

Anyone experienced this? I'm waiting for MD Arms to reply to my email.

If you pull on it, does it come out?

Have you tried to manually cycle rounds through your gun using the drum?

Maybe you just need to do a bit more fitting.

I had to do both A and B to fit my drum. It "clicks" into place just like a mag.

Edited by Bridis

You are close, but need to fit it some more. If you look at the bottom of the rear catch on the drum you'll notice it's angled. Your mag opening latch is going past the edge of that catch, but isn't able to slide all the way forward. You can push on the latch and force it forward, but you don't want to leave it in this condition as the make is likely to fall out when loaded.

You want it to lock in tight, but easily.

If you pull on it, does it come out?

No it is in tight

Have you tried to manually cycle rounds through your gun using the drum?

No and I cannot until the internals are put back in since the conversion...lost one of the springs & waiting for a replacement.

Maybe you just need to do a bit more fitting.

That's what I'm guessing - should it be the "B" fitting?

I had to do both A and B to fit my drum. It "clicks" into place just like a mag.

You are close, but need to fit it some more. If you look at the bottom of the rear catch on the drum you'll notice it's angled. Your mag opening latch is going past the edge of that catch, but isn't able to slide all the way forward. You can push on the latch and force it forward, but you don't want to leave it in this condition as the make is likely to fall out when loaded.

You want it to lock in tight, but easily.

Are you saying that I need to file the rear catch "Fitting B" so it is move of a deeper angle or are you saying to round the edge? I believe the fitting video said not to round the edge though.