Not to bad for a wookies first attempt :eek: Thanks for the tip on the PG Cobra, Fits tight :super:

GEDC0468.jpg

GEDC0469.jpg

I'll probably get the new parts Tues. or Wed. and finish er up :super:

The nice thing about this conversion is that I have pics of the gun with the non PG Tapco T6, so it'll be cool to se the full conversion pics beside the others, might help others to make their decision :smoke:

OK folks here ya go.....After an hour of cooking the receiver in the gas grill @ 350 for an hour :unsure: , I took it out and hung it up for cooling. I used 1200 degree grill and stove paint, which has a light haze look to it, I'll wait a couple of days and wipe it with a light coat of gun oil, if I'm not happy with it after that, I'll strip it and repaint with something else. Anyway, I put the gun back together last night and took some pics. For the new folks who are out there and might be intimidated by the prospect of drilling, cutting, and painting their receiver, no worries, it aint no big deal. Here are some before, in between, and after pics, it's worth it, and I'll do it again, enjoy :super:

DSCF1678.jpg Out of the box.

DSCF1684.jpg T-6 Factory stock, before full coversion

GEDC0493.jpg Post full conversion

GEDC0494.jpg

This an S-20, lots-O-fun to shoot and not too much kick fo my timid wife to use if she needs to :killer:

Thanks to Cobra for a great FCG and AK pistol grip, also for taking my phone calls and offering advice and answering my questions when I asked, You're the best in my book :super: . Also, thanks to the other members who offered technical assistance as this project advanced, what a great bunch :super: Man the gun feels great, can't wait to shoot it now :smoke:

Dean

Edited by AA re-cvrd

She turned out great Dean! Glad to be of help.:smoke:

So how do ya like the way it balances now, compared to before? And that trigger must feel ten times better without all that extra crap in there....

• Like 1

She turned out great Dean! Glad to be of help.:smoke:

So how do ya like the way it balances now, compared to before? And that trigger must feel ten times better without all that extra crap in there....

It definetly balanced the gun much more, not so front heavy now. And the trigger.......OMG, nothing more to say :super:

Thanks buddy.

Now I just need to figure out how I'm gonna sneak the S-12 past her :angel: maybe wait til she goes out of town :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

OK, two questions here;

I'm thinking about adding this front sight with break to my S-20. As this is Russian made, will it be considered as adding forign parts? if so, how many?

EFSK-S20_1s.gif

Next question is, do you think clamping this on an externally treaded barrel will booger up the threads? Do you think it would stay on, should I just cut the treads off? Or should I go in a different direction?

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.

I've never handled one of these myself, but it's my understanding based on what I've read, that it has it's own threads for the brake, which are different from the factory threads on Saiga 20 barrels which come with threads. Not sure why the description says not for use on threaded barrels.

I've never handled one of these myself, but it's my understanding based on what I've read, that it has it's own threads for the brake, which are different from the factory threads on Saiga 20 barrels which come with threads. Not sure why the description says not for use on threaded barrels.

If you look at real good you'll see two bolts at bottom, the sight clamps around the barrel, and it appears that the break threads onto the sight.

OK, two questions here;

I'm thinking about adding this front sight with break to my S-20. As this is Russian made, will it be considered as adding forign parts? if so, how many?

EFSK-S20_1s.gif

Next question is, do you think clamping this on an externally treaded barrel will booger up the threads? Do you think it would stay on, should I just cut the treads off? Or should I go in a different direction?

OK to address the questions more directly....

1. Yes the brake would definitely count as one foreign part on the list. (The sight doesn't matter though)

2. It shouldn't mess up the threads just by clamping it on tight enough to hold it in place. You could even put something there to protect them if you wanted. (like cardboard, cork, or rubber)

3. Yes it will stay on. I have one of the other clamp on Russian sights on my S-20, and one S-12 too.

4. NO I would not cut the threads.

What I was saying though, is there may be some reason it says not to use it with a threaded barrel, though I don't know what that could be. They might just mean you don't need that one if you already have threads? Your best bet here is to contact Makc and ask him about it directly. He is the one selling them so he probably can answer any questions you may have about them.

OK, two questions here;

EFSK-S20_1s.gif

OK to address the questions more directly....

1. Yes the brake would definitely count as one foreign part on the list. (The sight doesn't matter though)

2. It shouldn't mess up the threads just by clamping it on tight enough to hold it in place. You could even put something there to protect them if you wanted. (like cardboard, cork, or rubber)

3. Yes it will stay on. I have one of the other clamp on Russian sights on my S-20, and one S-12 too.

4. NO I would not cut the threads.

What I was saying though, is there may be some reason it says not to use it with a threaded barrel, though I don't know what that could be. They might just mean you don't need that one if you already have threads? Your best bet here is to contact Makc and ask him about it directly. He is the one selling them so he probably can answer any questions you may have about them.

So you're basicly thinking about the same as me. How would one go about getting in touch with Makc?