Can A Tapco Galil folding stock handle 12 gauge

Hi, i am new over here and this is my first post. I have built quite a few A/Ks, and decided to take the Saiga 12 plunge. I have a 19 incher on order and plan on the entire conversion. Scince i have parts laying around from prev. AK 47/74 builds, i was curious if they are up to the abuse a 12 gauge puts out. I have A spare Tapco Galil style side folding stock, SAW style P/G, and Galil style hand gaurd. Are they all up to the task? will the handguard fit a SAiga 12? thanks for your help, i am sure my first post wont be my last during this project!!

i had the folder on my s12 for a while and it did fine with even 3in slugs which i shoot alot. you will have to get a special retainer for the handguard.

Just what i needed to know....thanks alot....i think i saw a rubber pad to add to it for a little cusion if need be

Edited by thedave8
  • 4 weeks later...

The Tapco Galil style folding stock works perfectly with the S-12. I have used many of them on my own builds. They are lightweight, sturdy, easy to install, and relatively inexpensive. For the S12 build, I toss out the Tapco screws. To mount the stock I fit it, drill it, tap it for heavy duty torque bolts, and mount it with the aforementioned bolts - top and bottom.

If you are using a Tromix trigger guard you will need to notch the bottom front of the internal mounting surface of the stock to allow it to slide over the Tromix trigger guard mounting bolt.

Depending upon the size of torque bolt used, you may have to grind down the circumference of the head of the innermost top bolt to allow it to rest within the bolt well underneath the retaining catch which secures the dust cover and anchors the recoil spring and rod.

Just remember it is made of composite. If you attempt to open/close it without first pushing it down into the adjustment position, you can break the hinge.

Good luck with your build!

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied
  • 1 month later...