• 3 weeks later...

Massive barf. I still can't believe cops can just show up at your house and take all your guns without a warrant or anything. It happened to a friend of a friend. I haven't seen him since it happened.

Thats scary and why I tend to talk in generalities... They could use this forum to say I'm a danger to myself or others and take every firearm I own and never give them back. Do any other states have laws like this? I was reading about this a month or two ago and I think they have used it ~800 times, in a state of 3 million thats kind of spooky.

I still can't get over the whole waiting 14 days to buy a long gun, if you look at the statistics, you'll see that the overwhelming majority of violent gun crimes happen with illegally bought hand guns. I know there are a lot of "liberals"(I hate the fake left/right divide and conquer, keep us at each others necks while they steal our freedoms...) out here, but there are also a hell of alot of "conservatives" out in the boonies, lots of boonies out here, lots of white tail, lots of people who enjoy their rights to exercise 2A.

I think Jodi Rell is fucking up on purpose to get a Dem elected as governor... that, or she is just a total dipshit that got elected because she didn't do a god damn thing as the replacement for Roland when she finished up his term and she was such a nice old lady.

2010 is going to be a big election year. A few very big things can happen and the media will manipulate the general public into voting for exactly who is supposed to win. No conspiracy theorist here, its just how it works. There aren't any real October surprises, we are shown what we are supposed to be shown to make us choose anybody but a 3rd party candidate. Were fucked unless the whole two party system gets flushed down the shitter... Even Washington warned about parties, elected officials are supposed to represent the people who elected them, not their corporate interests, "party lines", whatever flipity flapity floo you want to call it.

In the California ammo thread, I said it was a testing ground for laws and such, I take that back. The general public is brainwashed and believes everything that comes out of the idiot box so much they can pull that shit anywhere and they will be wondering why the 3%ers (terrorists/racists) are so pissed.

I can't write anymore, I am very disappointed in the state that I love, it is very beautiful if you know where to go, just don't go to the capitol...

i looked up my state (illinois) and was surprised it was only ranked 9th. i thought for sure we were in the top 3 with chicago's craziness and FOID cards and all.

to look up your state.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/stategunlaws/statescorecard/

Edited by Snoofer

Neat, CT is actually tied with Mass for #3. Just for a quick reference for you guys...

#1 Kalifornia

#2 New Jersy

#3 Connecticut / Mass

#4 Guess there isn't one because of the tie or my tiredness...

#5 Maryland

#6 New York

You would think that New England would love its guns, apparently only Vermont and Maine do, maybe they should break away from New England... oh wait, something like that happened over 200 years ago, something about taxes... Sad to see the original Tea Baggers ranked #3 by the Brady Bunch, I think it's time to go North to VT or do what every person from CT does when they get old and go to Florida. When I was down in Florida buying a gun, I asked the dealer if it was okay to walk out to the parking lot with it not in a bag, he looked at me like I was crazy. I told him I'm a dual resident, CT/FL, and he said "Well, we are a little more civil down here".

The Brady Bunch reminds me of the woman in every crazy video on the net / worlds craziest this or that, that is always yelling "Somebody do something!!".

Yeah, that law is pretty much to keep everybody acting in generalities. Speak out and the law will smack you down and put you in your place. I guess I should stop being a dick.

Ah well, I'm still going to vote. So they can suck on my vote.

I haven't followed much of Rell. I know she gave millions of dollars to hartford stage while I interned there. I was probably the only person in the place not angry about it. I know she's been telling the dems to shove their budgets up their asses, which is good. The "Party of No!" would be a good title to have, wouldn't it?

Do we have any pro-liberty democrats anymore? I can't say I support half the republicans out there, as they're right of statist. But it seems like all of the few we should support are republicans. So that's the party I'll probably be attached to for the foreseeable future. Even when they're not good, they're the better of two evils.

I have faith in dodd being dumped.