Well I admit, I used to tease Racegal a little about finding yet another "internet talk group" thingie to spend more of her limited free time on...but after I decided to check it out, I was amazed how quickly I was suddenly back in touch with lots of really good friends, many of which I had just assumed I might never see again, unless we just happened to cross paths in public somewhere....and I don't get out and about very much so that is a very limited chance.

I have found another way to chat with some of my good gun buds here, as well as old friends from my youth, high school friends, old girlfriends and roomates...lots of folks! It's pretty damned cool! I don't spend any time on all the tons of "quizzes" and role playing games on there, but it has really been cool catching up on things with good old friends, and even some new ones. Yesterday and last night, we had some of my very best old friends over for a visit. One was my first roomate, who drove all the way up from below Atlanta Ga to visit with me and our old buds from across the breezeway of our old apartment complex over 20 years ago. They brought their kids over with them, and their two boys (10 and 12) blew me away with their knowledge of military weaponry. They even knew about the Saiga 12! One of em spotted my Hungarian PA-63 in the safe and said "Makorov! oh can I hold it?" Pretty close! They had the time of their lives getting to handle my AKs and Saigas. They saw my PSL in there and went "ooooh Dragonov!" I had to explain the difference but they were very attentive and listened carefully to everything I said. You should have seen the grins when I let them hold the AKS-12 with uncle Ted's signature and the MD-20 hanging out of it....lol. I'll have to get copies of the pics they took. They will no doubt be back again soon and bringing ammo!

Good friends...good times.:super:

I crack jokes on my girl about her Facebook fetish too, but all of that aside.......it really is a good way to get in touch with people you've lost contact with over the years. I've gotten in touch with some old friends from highschool, who messaged my girl because they know we're dating. Facebook has its benefits.

(Something weird though..........an ex of mine and my current girlfriend are "friends" on Facebook :ph34r: . I mean, we all graduated together, but still........ :horror: )

• Like 1

Yeah, my wife's on there and I have had some friends try to get me to join. I was messing around on there one time (to see what it was like) and found your page Cobra! However, most of the people I searched for apparently aren't on there. And I saw a few people I don't want to keep in contact with . . . It's tempting to join sometimes. I did get back in contact with a friend I hadn't seen in about 10 years. That was a trip! I just don't know if it's a good idea for some of my old pictures, specifically high school, which were put up by old friends, to be associated with me now. Let's just say it was a miracle and only by the grace of God that I never wound up in jail.:lol: But some people really love it. It seems like you're making to most of it Cobra! I don't know, I may eventually . . .

And like 22_Shooter pointed out, it is weird to see some of the people on my wife's friends list. I hope they don't talk too much . . .:angel: