About 2 years back I took over 1/2 of our manager's job when he left. Part of what I took over was dealing with advertisers. I didn't get much time with him before he left. Well about a month later our advertisers started calling and wanting to let me know it was time to redo the contracts for the year, not all at once over several months. I would ask them if we already had one with them, they would say something like "ya for about so and so years."

Well some Online people (2 or 3) called and said the same thing that yes we have been with them. So I said yes we would like to continue with them. Well it turns out that we never had been with them before. I didn't find this out until 1 year had gone by, why because they never sent an invoice until the end of the year! I just forgot about them in that time.

What got me turned on to this whole thing is a scam is that the first company called and said that we needed to pay the invoice I told them to fax one over, they did and we paid it. About 4 weeks go by and they call back saying that we never paid. I talked the the ladies up front they said yes we did. Here looking into it the check was wrote to Universal something something and is not the same company as Universal something else something. "That's not us YOU still need to pay US"

My answer to them was then "If you don't have a signed contract you are not getting paid."

We did some internet looking and another 1 of them was called out as a scam.

Here's the best part I've had at least 10 different companies call and say the same thing. There is no way that I said yes to that many. All the companies that are calling are out of New York.

They all say that they have me on a recording saying that I'm able to make decisions and I'm the one to send the invoice to or something like that.

Well another year has gone by and 1 of the companies is calling again saying its been a year and they still don't have their money. They are going to keep calling and all I have to do not to be bothered is to pay them. They have a "legal" contract with me because of the recording. I told him we're not paying because what company sends a invoice after a year. He says something about going to a restaurant and paying after your done.

So what do I do? What law enforcement do I call?

I'll be off and on the internet tonight.

Edited by Racer 27

Ask them for a verified business address (street) and then report them to the BBB and law enforcement. Also ask for a detailed invoice of the services that they have provided. They could end up providing you with evidence of their fraud.

Edited by Azrial
  • Like 1

If they are sending you the bills in the mail it may be postal fraud. Call their bluff on the "contract" BS. Tell them to sue and you will not talk to them again, except through their lawyer.

Send me an PM with all of their info, I will see what I can find out for you. I always try to help members when I can and when I have time.

Edited by Azrial