Final Break-in Range Report S12

Got to take her to an outside range way out in the boonies. My friend, ex LEO, was there to try his first S12. Man was he impressed the moment he held her saying "this isn't heavy at all". After testing it with some reduced recoil rounds he commented "there is no recoil" utilizing the Tromix Limb Saver folding stock.

You should have seen the smile on his face when I pulled out the MD20! After he dumped 20 he smiled and said "you've got something here; this is one dangerous weapon". This was my first test with the Gunfixr plug and Tromix puc. I started off with Win Super X 1 1/4 oz #4 high brass set on -1 but had to move it to +1 and she purred. His reduced recoil rounds needed #2 as did the Federal Bulk Pack # 7 1/2. After we finsished some mini tactical training we tried some clays. This was my 3rd time at clays and 1st with the S12 and I'm happy to report that I nailed several.

The Tapco SAW grip, that I used Blue Locktite, held up well but there is just a bit of play. The MAA barrel shroud stayed pretty comfortable to the touch and never got too hot. At the end of the day the rear screws on the shroud got a little loose but I did not use blue locktite on them.

I lost count of the total rounds but is was at least 160 making the total break-in count to 320. I forgot to bring some military 00 buck but I'm certain it will need the -1 setting. What a sweet trigger she has since the FCG conversion!

Thanks for all the encouragement to get me commited on the conversion; man do I love this S12. I definitely recommend the Tromix LS stock to anyone wanting to significantly reduce the recoil!

Edited by kwesi