Differences of the standard ak's & the saiga

Let me start out by saying that I'm not sure if this is the right section to be asking. Anyway, I've been in the market for an ak lately and I came across

the saiga 7.62 & 308. I'm fairly new to the ak's and I've been looking at the wasr-10 as an option. I understand that that the saiga is more of a "sporting rifle" but what are the major differences?

Let me start out by saying that I'm not sure if this is the right section to be asking. Anyway, I've been in the market for an ak lately and I came across

the saiga 7.62 & 308. I'm fairly new to the ak's and I've been looking at the wasr-10 as an option. I understand that that the saiga is more of a "sporting rifle" but what are the major differences?

It's only a "sporting rifle" to get it imported.

45 minutes in your garage, and you'll have a rifle a WASR could only dream of being . .

Took me about 1 1/4 hours or so to put back (aka) restore to correct configuration.

I agree the x39 (even restored) would be cheaper IMHO (mine would be $500 total) and WAYYYYY better than a WASR version..

Figure x39 Saiga is $350 NIB, and restoration/conversion parts were like $100 total.

See pic on left <<<<<

Edited by YouWontHearItComing

Would anyone want to give me some information?

We kidnapped Miss Cleo a few years ago and have her in the back. She told us you were coming.

We made special threads called "sticky threads" with everything you'd want to know about converting a Saiga.

Peter..

Saigas come with a regular stock on them (like a shotgun) from Russia. There is no Pistol Grip on them.

There is a 'plate' under the rifle that has the factory hole for where the AK trigger group would go.

You knock or dremel the plate rivets (3) off and there is your holes. See pic below.

Then you mount a AK trigger group (Tapco usually) and mount you pistol grip and new stock on the back and your basically done.

post-8775-12559982677881.jpg

Shows the removed pieces for conversion.. and then mocked up with Pistol Grip

post-8775-12559983115968_thumb.jpg

I've done it in less than hour, half in the bag and using a 4" angle grinder! Screw the damn dremel! Only thing that slows the process is applying the primer and paint!

Sucks if you have a double hook as well and I would not recommend the angle grinder for that. Not that you couldn't.