I have a 308 that i am starting to convert and i have a couple concerns that i am hoping some of you with more experience can help me with i was looking at the tutorials on where to cut the pg hole and i have yet to see a pic with the factory trigger hole as long as mine and i think that when i cut the hole it will be in part of the factory trigger hole now will that cause weakness there

my factory trigger hole is just about an inch long give or take

and if it will cause weakness does anybody know of a trigger guard with built in pg nut that will fit the 308

sorry if these questions have been answered i just couldn't find them info on the 308 seems much more difficult to find

second question what would be my best bet for a drop in trigger or least modification needed i know the g2s will work but need to bee grinded on a bit

i am wanting to stay away from plastic parts if i can and i am wanting a adjustable stock and handguard and i am looking for recommendations on what to use if i am not mistaken i can just buy an adapter block and use any aluminum ar collapsible stock?

and what aluminum trirails or quadrails have you had the best luck with fitting snugly

would prefer to keep factory gas tube

thanks for the info and again sorry if these questions and answers have already been posted

it will cut into the original trigger hole but wont affect anything if you want u can weld on a pistol grip reinforcement plate. the rsa 308 trigger is a drop in ready fcg. to go with an all metal ar15 style stock you will have to use a ace rear block. im not real sure on metal quadrails out there that will fit.

Saigafreake is correct. The PG nut hole will coincide with part of the factory trigger slot. I have not found that to be a problem. I recommend checking out dinzagarms.com. In my opinion, he offers the best FCG for the Saiga .308. He also offers products that would address all the other issues you mention too. Oh, and Dinzag is also a forum business member who does business the way it should be done.

Edited by hogdog

Saigafreake is correct. The PG nut hole will coincide with part of the factory trigger slot. I have not found that to be a problem. I recommend checking out dinzagarms.com. In my opinion, he offers the best FCG for the Saiga .308. He also offers products that would address all the other issues you mention too. Oh, and Dinzag is also a forum business member who does business the way it should be done.

Indeed - people keep forgetting that 308 has wider trigger hole and even RSA 308 has left to right movement, which is very bad. Buying Dinzag's 308 unit will remove that right to left trigger play. Both RSA and Dinzag have taller trigger legs, since 308 safety is shorter than other AK's or Saiga safeties.

You can also stop the RSA's trigger play by putting in aluminum spacer on the trigger axis - 1/4" length, I believe.

well thats good info on the fcg i didnt know it was different. So i will go with dinzags fcg for sure. Still trying to decide on hg and buttstock i think i am going with a rubber pistol grip just for comfort as i will probably use it for hunting