Hogue Monogrip w/ Tromix DIY Trigger Guard

Has anyone experimented with getting the Hogue Monogrip to "play nice" with the Tromix DIY trigger guard? I know the DIY is only designed to work with the Tapco grip, but I am going to try getting the Hogue to fit. If anyone out there has had any experience in that area I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I was looking for the Pachmayr for the M16/AR platform they used to make and saw the Hogue. I currently am using the Tapco Saw grip, but I moved it up so the long bolt hole would line up, then squared up the round hole so the Tromix DIY stud went up into the squared out area. The grip fits really snug, but I had to remove some material next to the trigger guard for it to work, and it is a little too close now to the trigger for my size hands and fingers. Additionally, you will need to check to see if the BHO tab will have enough clearence. I also had to mod my saw grip to be able to use the BHO. I ordered another Tapco Saw grip today, the old one was from the T-6 interfuse stock I installed in March, before I moved the FCG forward.

post-21372-12573902983478_thumb.jpg

Edited by Razorback Saiga's

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I was looking for the Pachmayr for the M16/AR platform they used to make and saw the Hogue. I currently am using the Tapco Saw grip, but I moved it up so the long bolt hole would line up, then squared up the round hole so the Tromix DIY stud went up into the squared out area. The grip fits really snug, but I had to remove some material next to the trigger guard for it to work, and it is a little too close now to the trigger for my size hands and fingers. Additionally, you will need to check to see if the BHO tab will have enough clearence. I also had to mod my saw grip to be able to use the BHO. I ordered another Tapco Saw grip today, the old one was from the T-6 interfuse stock I installed in March, before I moved the FCG forward.

Just an update on this question (for anybody who may be interested).

I finished my conversion today and tried out the Hogue Monogrip to see how it would fit. It is close, however there is still a little play in the grip when it is fully tightened. It looks like the "well" in the top of the grip isn't quite deep enough for the grip to fully seat against the receiver. I think it would be easy to relieve the top of the grip with a dremel (just a 1/32" or so) and get it to fit pretty well.

I already had a Tapco on hand and that is what I ended up doing to get the conversion finished. I just didn't have the patience today to fool around with modifiying grips. I just wanted the darn thing put together so I could fondle admire it. The Hogue grip project is still on my list of things to do, but maybe not until I get a chance to try it out this weekend :killer:

Just an update on this question (for anybody who may be interested).

I finished my conversion today and tried out the Hogue Monogrip to see how it would fit. It is close, however there is still a little play in the grip when it is fully tightened. It looks like the "well" in the top of the grip isn't quite deep enough for the grip to fully seat against the receiver. I think it would be easy to relieve the top of the grip with a dremel (just a 1/32" or so) and get it to fit pretty well.

I already had a Tapco on hand and that is what I ended up doing to get the conversion finished. I just didn't have the patience today to fool around with modifiying grips. I just wanted the darn thing put together so I could fondle admire it. The Hogue grip project is still on my list of things to do, but maybe not until I get a chance to try it out this weekend :killer:

If you are using the Tapco PG nut then I think that is your problem. Either file down the nut or get a regular AK PG nut. Mine worked fine because it is mounted above the legs of my internal stock adapter taking up the extra length of the Tapco nut.