Where can I buy replacement parts for my S-12?

• 3 months later...

Try sending an e-mail to Greg at carolinashooterssupply.com

They carry quite a few aftermarket parts & items, and Greg is very knowlegible. If he doesn't have what you are looking for, he may be able to provide ideas and dimensions for substitutions.

Edited by billyjoebob

No luck with them! I can't believe that I can't find a spring! I did get a aftermarket mag catch, all I need is the spring. Anyone out there able to help?

The torsion springs for AKs mag releases work, as should the axis pins.

I would suggest googling & looking for AK parts kit sellers.

You will find some people who sell every part if you look hard.

As for MAKING a replacement, if you still have the Axis retainer spring from your factory configuration, you could cut a few coils off, straighten the cut end & wind it tighter, & use it as a torsion spring for the release as a last resort...

That's what WaffenSchmied did when his fell out.

Also, some smaller, local hardware or farm stores may have torsion springs that would work. Just not home depot... They have a sorry-ass spring selection.

As for where one can buy new replacement parts for the S-12...

Russia.

UPDATE:

I want to thank everyone for the advice.

On Friday I went out to check the mail. In it was an envelope from RAAC. I opened it and guess what was inside! I emailed RAA with my problem and never got a response from them. I just wanted to know where and how I could buy the parts. Well I guess they decided to just send me the parts I needed. The letter inside was from Clyde Woods. Thanks RAA!