removal of mak 90 thumbhole stock ?

hi picking up norinco mak 90 and would like any info on the correct way to remove the thumbhole stock thanks

Remove screw, knock off with hammer. Hold thumbhole stock above flaming firepit, then release. If no fire is available in firepit, use thumbhole stock to start one. Drink a beer while smiling and watching thumbhole stock burn.

Before you follow this advice, you might want to take a look at the rear lower corner of your receiver. It it is cut at an angle, like most thumbholes, a standard AK stock will not fit correctly.

Also you will need an AK Grip screw and nut to correctly reattach any stock, except the factory thumbhole, which you just burned...

Before you follow this advice, you might want to take a look at the rear lower corner of your receiver. It it is cut at an angle, like most thumbholes, a standard AK stock will not fit correctly.

Also you will need an AK Grip screw and nut to correctly reattach any stock, except the factory thumbhole, which you just burned...

His question never mentioned reinstalling a stock :devil:

His question never mentioned reinstalling a stock :devil:

True, but err, where did I say that he did?

I said don't follow the advice of burning the old one without considering that a replacement will require an uncommon solution. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered walnut set from ironwood designs(stock, grip. forend) I have a straight cut stamped reciever do i need anything else besides the extra long pistol grip screw and nut to put this set=up together? Thanks for all your advice

Edited by black adder