http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/p30l_general.asp

I shot this today for the first time and out of all the handguns I have tried I LOVED this one.

As a quick background I have only been a "right-wing extremist" since early August. One of my friends has gotten me into this hobby and I have loved it since. Anyways, before August I had NEVER shot a gun before... ever(born/raised in Kommiefornia). I have been trying all sorts of handguns since then trying to find one that I liked.

I've shot all the XDs, Glock (17, 19, 21, 22), H&K USP (9mm and .40), H&K P2000 in 40, and a Sig P220. I have also shot revolvers too but I am looking for semiauto.

So what do you all think of the P30L?

http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/p30l_general.asp

I shot this today for the first time and out of all the handguns I have tried I LOVED this one.

As a quick background I have only been a "right-wing extremist" since early August. One of my friends has gotten me into this hobby and I have loved it since. Anyways, before August I had NEVER shot a gun before... ever(born/raised in Kommiefornia). I have been trying all sorts of handguns since then trying to find one that I liked.

I've shot all the XDs, Glock (17, 19, 21, 22), H&K USP (9mm and .40), H&K P2000 in 40, and a Sig P220. I have also shot revolvers too but I am looking for semiauto.

So what do you all think of the P30L?

You better stay away from 1911s or you'll have a new addiction. But you are correct the H&Ks are great firearms. They always produce quality fire arms.

Good luck and welcome to the addiction,

Merritt

SGT USMC vet.

My what expensive tastes you have for such a freshly minted pistolero (welcome to the club)

The P30L reminded me of a more refined Ruger P95. The control layout is very similar. Just to say you tried to save yourself some ching, you might want to try the P95 to see if it works for you (though the grips are not customizable as the HK is).

Both the ruger and the HK are tough as nails and absolutely reliable in all conditions. The ruger costs about 1/3 what the HK will. I've never been able to scrape together enough nickels to buy a handgun more expensive than a sig (more of a rifle guy myself). Maybe you'll have better luck (hopefully you're not married).