Does any one have a review of the AK style Tech sights. Any one have them on your rifle? They look like the kind of thing I'd buy, just wondering if any body had an opinion.

I put them on my rifle before conversion. They're very sturdy and rugged, and I think will do the trick well. I should be finishing up my conversion within the next two weeks, so I'll report back probably after next weekend. The Tech Sights work great on my Ruger 10 22, and my brother is very pleased with them on his SKS and Marlin 795. In both cases, our groups shrank on the first use of them. I have no reason to expect anything different on the AK.

thanks I have them on my 10 22 as well. They helped so much I wanted to put some on my new saiga. I will buy them regardless but a review wolud allways help people. My 10 22 hits coke cans at 150 yards standing, so I hope they work as well on the bigger gun. I will be waiting for your report.

range report?? how does this attach without the "dust cover retainer" sticking out? im assuming it is internal. are tools required to remove the dust cover?

You can use a pen or bullet tip to depress the detentes.

This is one of the biggest drawback of the Tech Sights, in my view. There is an AK malfunction that happens very rarely, in which the case is deflected back into the gun. In such a case, you would need to pop off the dust cover and shake out the case. With the Tech Sights, your gun would be effectively disabled in a combat situation if this malf occurred.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I took the (basically) finished 7.62x39 with the Tech Sights to the range yesterday. It certainly gives a nice sight picture, and very tight and consistent groups. With the 20 inch barrel, the sight radius is _really_ long. Aesthetically, though, the Tech Sights are kind of ugly and out of place on an AK, disturbing its natural lines. (The longer barrel makes it look ungainly too).

PICT3625_3.jpg?t=1261407127

Edited by Jim Digriz

Well last night I did a lot of looking and found that our own forum has a review on the Tech Sight.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=41009&st=0&p=370953&hl=netpackrat&fromsearch=1&

Ya, I feel like a dumb ass now. Took about two minutes with the right serch terms. Very good review, I now have a set of tech sights in a box under the tree, so feel free to ask questions after X mas is over. :eek: I just keep looking at that box...