That is gut wrenching to say the least! Here in York, Pa we are holding our breath until December 2 when Harley Davidson's union votes on the new contract. If it's no, they're going to Kentucky and my job, like many others in the area depends on them. Sad state of affairs. Corporate greed and government medaling at it's finest. It took 8 years to recover after the great depression of the 30's, 10 years after the 70's, this one will never get back to 100% because of the nature of this recession. Inflated home values + massive debt + weak manufacturing sector + Federal reserve devaluation of currency = a much lower standard of living for most of us. If left the way things are, we will have 5% haves and 95% have nots, no more middle class. Good luck to all.

• Like 1

That is gut wrenching to say the least! Here in York, Pa we are holding our breath until December 2 when Harley Davidson's union votes on the new contract. If it's no, they're going to Kentucky and my job, like many others in the area depends on them. Sad state of affairs. Corporate greed and government medaling at it's finest. It took 8 years to recover after the great depression of the 30's, 10 years after the 70's, this one will never get back to 100% because of the nature of this recession. Inflated home values + massive debt + weak manufacturing sector + Federal reserve devaluation of currency = a much lower standard of living for most of us. If left the way things are, we will have 5% haves and 95% have nots, no more middle class. Good luck to all.

So if Harley Davidson goes to Kentucky how is it the fault of corporate greed and government meddling? If they are negotiating with the union and workers in Kentucky outbid them, for lack of a better term, that is corporate greed? What would government meddling come in? Did the Kentucky state or county offer them a better deal or tax breaks?

I belive we should buy american, but we are all guilty here we buy russian shotguns/rifles instead of ones built by americans in america. Just something to think about. :eek:

Show me an american made shot gun with the same features and I'll show you a hell of alot of people buying them! I keep seeing this same statement about this weapon in retrospect, but this a weapon that is not offered by an American manufacture, not to mention this weapon originated in Russia which makes it a ture import, not some knock off from china, a country known for stilling everyone elses ideas, then manufacturing them at a lower quality and price, although if people are paying attention the chinese cheap products are going up in price and yet still shitty quality, know why? because they are running everyone out of business, or should I say our beloved poloticans have allowed this kind of trade to take place. I thank you for stating, buy american, Its not always possible given the fact our leaders have sold out our country, I have stated before and will state again, we can take back our beloved country one purchase at a time.

• Like 1

More good reasons to buy from Americans and American companies.

I constantly see you stating buy American, you have caught my attention in several threads, I appluad your patriotism. I hope this way of thinking catches on like a wildfire in this country.

....not some knock off from china, a country known for stilling everyone elses ideas, then manufacturing them at a lower quality and price, although if people are paying attention the chinese cheap products are going up in price and yet still shitty quality, know why? because they are running everyone out of business, or should I say our beloved poloticans have allowed this kind of trade to take place. I thank you for stating, buy american, Its not always possible given the fact our leaders have sold out our country, I have stated before and will state again, we can take back our beloved country one purchase at a time.

Not to mention the fact that as our manufacturing base leaves & the value of the dollar drops, we will eventually be spending the same if not more on cheap Chinese shit, as we used to pay for quality American goods.

I'll may take heat for this and I'm not sure I believe it myself, but 922r has done its part to support the US economy. Its passage created a growing market for American-made parts for our beloved foreign firearms purchases. For all we bitch about the unconstitutional nature of 922r, a lot of Americans are making money producing the quality parts we need to be legal. How many in the Saiga/AK community would be using imported parts if not for 922r? And after using these home-grown parts, how many of us would settle for less quality if 922r were repealed? Just a few thoughts (and no attempt to change the subject or start an argument. I'm not talking about factory foreign parts - just the knock-offs) :)

Regards,

Sapper