Ejection Problems With My S12!

Well boys I took the new Saiga to the range today and ran 100 rounds of lo brass hi velocity 1300fps #7 's through it in addition to the other 25 Winchester bulk pack junk rounds and 25 00 & some slugs (50 total) I already had on the gun.

I had problems 2 weeks ago when I shot the first match with this gun. It would not run lo brass bird shot except real heavy #4 shot. I thought I must have a gas port problem. Then I had to use Winchester bulk pack lo brass at that match due to buckshot being extremely reduced in all stages and that Winchester stuff SUCKS!

I read in this forum that these guns need about 200 rounds to break them in before you worry about gas ports and gunsmithing.

Today when I was running mag after 10rnd mag, when I got to mag #7 all the failure to ejects STOPPED. The last 30 of 100 rounds all cycled perfect!!! Then I loaded a mixed mag of lo brass bird shot and it too ran with out a hicup!

I am really happy with the gun now! I didn't have to go with a 1911 reduced recoil spring and I didn't have to drill any more gas ports.

Check out my new avatar! :lolol:

BrokenInNow.jpg

Edited by Dremel Qual'd

One of the knowledgeable chaps should put a sticky up on this problem, and explain that this is so common, albeit aggravating, and stressful, but the issue will clear itself up by breaking in the gun with a bunch of shooting.

I was ready to send mine off for warranty service, and then it just fixed itself. Strangest part was 5 rounds earlier, it had total FTE. then all of a sudden it ran perfect, and even shoot the crappy Winchester stuff

Seems like there is some metal bur in there that has to get knocked off, and all of a sudden, it cycles perfect :killer::killer::killer::killer:

I hate the idea of bird shot in a combat shotgun and the S12 agrees with me. I like 00 buck and the S12 loves it, never had a problem from round 1 with 00. And getting stuck borrowing that Win bulk pack from Wal Mart was a nightmare. But she runs now so all is well!

I do plan to get the self cleaning puck just because it's a great concept.

I want the charging handle but don't want to have to get it welded.

I do believe the magwell is next. I am not a fan of not being able to load on the closed bolt. I am a veteran AR shooter and the mag release lever for this gun is hard enough to get used to but doable but the closed bolt, no... so the magwell will definitely help out a lot.

The Tromix charging handle is not a weld on. Uses a set screw w/loctite. It's a round knob about as big as an inch of a cigar.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-266/Tromix-Saiga-Ak47-extended/Detail?sfs=36c7bc4

Edited by TO THE FLOOR