Charging problems & bullet guide questions

I'm occasionally having trouble on my 7.62x39 when I go to charge it and the top round is on the left side. It will either catch the tip of the bullet and not move or it will score the bullet and case as it goes back. Also I noticed that my bullet guide is crooked and goes to far to the right, I have uneven wear marks on it and some jams with the tip of the round sticking right up against the edge of the guide like the guide is sticking out to far. Any thoughts or questions about what I'm describing? Thanks.

It does look to be hanging a little far out but without a loaded mag in it is hard to tell. You may just need to take the bullet guide out and round the contact edge slightly. Try inserting a loaded mag in the well with the bolt/carrier out and the cover off and move the round by hand to see where it is catching.

Are you using hollow point bullets?

Weird.

I don't have mine in front of me, but I'm 99% sure my BG hangs out at least that far, if not a cunt hair farther (to the point I had to file the "lip" off the factory mags to get them to lock in, as it was hitting the BG when I tried to insert them). But I have never experienced any problems feeding, and I mainly run HP's.

What kind of mags are you using? Does it happen with all mags (if you have different kinds)?

As far as problems racking it, when the top round is on the left side of the mag......I have no idea.

Im using Bulgarian steel mags. When I took it out the other day shooting it didn't have the usual last round jam on the feed ramp, so maybe it just needed a little more breaking in. The issue of the racking problem though is bugging me. I don't like having to make sure that the top round is on the right in case I need to use it quick like.

Okay, I figured out that The bottom of my bolt in the front, the part that sticks out or down, has a sharp edge on it and I can see an area where the round has been getting hung up when I'm trying to rack it back. Will I hurt anything if I file this down a bit to stop the snag? Thanks.