Check list for 992(r) I think I got it :)

Man i found the easiet was to check tht is with the counter they have on the site. Its in a sticky link at the top of the 7.62 section. just uncheck the us part and leave foreign checked and bang! u got it made. So many peopel i think get joy from making it sound more complicated than it should be to others.

the checklist is simple. u leave checked the forum parts so it counts those, uncheck ur us made parts and it counts those. bam i tells u if u have 10 or less foreign parts. but it sounds like ur good to go, just check that link and dont over stress like i used to lol

Please forgive my ignorance...

I just picked up my first Saiga 7.62 and of course no one said anything about 922r when I bought some 30 round mags.

Please let me know if I got this right...

If I buy USA made magazines (surefire I think) and I replace the butt stock and the forearm cover (whatever its called) I am legal?

I am trying to look for the EASIEST way to be legal without replacing internal parts.

Mine does not have a pistol grip, does it matter if I replace my butt stock with an adjustable one that also has a pistol grip?

Thanks for your advice.

I highly recomend reaching 922r status by some means other than magazines. I also recomend learning the law and how it applies to your firearm "some guy on the internet said it was ok" isn't usualy a good answer when dealing with federal laws.

so if you replace your buttstock with a wood sporter that will count for one US made part...

If you replace it with a conversionless pistol grip stock then you will be adding another part but replacing it with american made also. this adjusts parts count.

So depending on the above answer the math would be

1(wood sporter stock)+ 1(forearm) + 3(Mag body, base plate, and follower)= 5 parts

14-5=9 good to go with american mags

2(tapco t6 buttstock with pistol grip) + 1(forearm) +3(Mag body, base plate, and follower)= 6 parts

15-6=9 good to go with american mags.

I HIGHLY recomend doing the conversion. It is likly to cost the same or just a little more than what your talking and you won't have to worry about american mags. Theres more than enough people willing to help talk you through it, and if someone lives nearby I'm sure you can find someone to help.

Comblock mags with a bullet guide are highly reliable and very affordable, it is a good goal to be able to use these.

I highly recomend reaching 922r status by some means other than magazines. I also recomend learning the law and how it applies to your firearm "some guy on the internet said it was ok" isn't usualy a good answer when dealing with federal laws.

so if you replace your buttstock with a wood sporter that will count for one US made part...

If you replace it with a conversionless pistol grip stock then you will be adding another part but replacing it with american made also. this adjusts parts count.

So depending on the above answer the math would be

1(wood sporter stock)+ 1(forearm) + 3(Mag body, base plate, and follower)= 5 parts

14-5=9 good to go with american mags

2(tapco t6 buttstock with pistol grip) + 1(forearm) +3(Mag body, base plate, and follower)= 6 parts

15-6=9 good to go with american mags.

I HIGHLY recomend doing the conversion. It is likly to cost the same or just a little more than what your talking and you won't have to worry about american mags. Theres more than enough people willing to help talk you through it, and if someone lives nearby I'm sure you can find someone to help.

Comblock mags with a bullet guide are highly reliable and very affordable, it is a good goal to be able to use these.

I understand where you are coming from but I just bought the rifle to have it. I have AR15s with about 50 mags, I was just looking for something different to have in addition. If I only plan on buying like 5 mags total and prefer the polymer anyway, is there any real benefit to doing any more conversion to the rifle?

I understand where you are coming from but I just bought the rifle to have it. I have AR15s with about 50 mags, I was just looking for something different to have in addition. If I only plan on buying like 5 mags total and prefer the polymer anyway, is there any real benefit to doing any more conversion to the rifle?

You effectively shorten the total length of the gun, improve balance, and trigger pull greatly. Also most American made mags aren't as durable or reliable as the imported comblock mags. On many the bullet guide is a weak link.

saigarifles - back to your original question. My understanding of the 922r count: 14 oringinal import parts in your Saiga. Replace: US buttstock = 1; US pistol grip = 0 (add on, not replacing anything); FCG = 3 parts. 14-4 = 10 import parts = good to go with Combloc 30 round mags. As to using the 10 round mags. - all OK, but a very slight modification of the Mag latch on the carbine is needed to latch the 30 round mags, but too much filing will not latch the 10 round mags. A bullet guide needed also = 0.

sailor

US pistol grip = 0 (add on, not replacing anything)

As a add on it modifies the total parts count of the gun. It makes tyour total parts 15 and it does count for compliance.

think about it in the terms of "if i added a russian pistol grip I would be illigal"