my first conversion(s)

well i finally read enough and decided to convert the 12 and 308. called up Nate-dogg and he started sending me parts. Here are the pics...they're terrible pics and don't mind the sandles. i'll post closer pics and details of the parts used later. it really wasn't all too bad just time consuming and you will lose a little blood setting those hammer springs and that stupid shepherds crook. otherwise it's lots of sparks flying while you grind away.

on the s12 i really like the trigger guard MAA sent me...it's milled from aluminum and very sturdy. it matches the rivet holes perfectly so no grinding. the rear internal stock adapter also fits nicely and uses 4 screws to fill in the old rivet holds perfectly. i then mounted a magpul adjustable ar15 stock to it. the trigger was just the tapco DIY kit. i think that's it on the s12.

now..the 308 isn't quite so simply. the aluminum trigger guard used on the 12 won't fit due to the magazine retention block so all the holes are off. MAA sent another guard which isn't quite as fancy but works fine requiring two new drilled holes. i used an internal stock adapter here too and mounted a fixed stock. again used the tapco DIY trigger kit.

overall it took about 8-10 hours...mostly with getting the internals set back right. i just used spray paint but will have them both refinished professionally at a later date and time.

couple tips...install the trigger guard before setting in the trigger assembly...probably common sense but this was my first time doing this. use tiewrap trick on the trigger spring...it helps a lot! kudos to whoever posted the video on here via youtube. clean the gun internals real well or you will run into the dragging issues when pulling the slide back. it really wasn't too bad just need the right tools...rubber mallet, center punches, dremel tool or grinder, drill press with heavy duty drill bit (3/16" i believe)...

let me know if you have any questions...

post-22005-12614930420525_thumb.jpg

post-22005-12614930521411_thumb.jpg