Hey guys,

I've tried looking around, but I guess my search-fu is getting weak. I'm getting ready to order a 5.45 Saiga and plan to convert it. I've already been collecting some parts to make sure I'm 922R

compliant. Am I correct in understanding that all I need to do in order to use a Tapco double hook trigger is file an extra notch in the bottom of the receiver, assuming I ditch the Bolt Hold Open?

Thanks ahead of time for helping a newb.

Hey guys,

I've tried looking around, but I guess my search-fu is getting weak. I'm getting ready to order a 5.45 Saiga and plan to convert it. I've already been collecting some parts to make sure I'm 922R

compliant. Am I correct in understanding that all I need to do in order to use a Tapco double hook trigger is file an extra notch in the bottom of the receiver, assuming I ditch the Bolt Hold Open?

Thanks ahead of time for helping a newb.

You could do that. It's the most common path chosen.

You could also grind the corner of the face of the trigger (not cut the arm off - then you'd just have a single hook trigger) so that it becomes a double hook trigger in a single hook receiver with a primitive (but effective) overtravel stop . . .

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply and for the sanity check nalioth!

Any idea where I could find this method illustrated?

Edit: I misread, nalioth's post.

Good idea, I cut the channel. The length of the channel is my overtravel stop.

I polished & smoothed the insides of both hooks & smoothed the lower bump underneath where it strikes the FP, just to ensure smooth action.

2s9.jpg

Edited by Paulyski

Oh yeah, you don't need to ditch the BHO if you don't want to.

Just grind off a little bit of the top BHO side of the hammer tab & the part that the axis pin goes through on the BHO side of the hammer to match the size of the factory hammer.

Vernier calipers or a micrometer are useful for this, but not needed.

Don't forget the shepards crook. Carolina sells them.

This video may be useful too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yek8AfLlu-s

Welcome to the forum! :up:

Edited by Paulyski