removing stuck muzzle devices on tromix??

ok so i have a tromix s12 with custom shark style poly choke and i cant get it off to save my ass!! somewhere i read that barrel threads on izmash s12 are reverse (lefty tighty...) but i believe tony re cuts and re threads the barrels. does tony also use reverse threads??

want to make sure i am going in the right direction before i start really cranking on it, and i hate to bother tony as busy as he is with such a silly question... any tricks for stuck muzzle devices would be much appreciated!! btw already tried strap wrench with no luck. and no it is not welded on. thanks in advance

ok so i have a tromix s12 with custom shark style poly choke and i cant get it off to save my ass!! somewhere i read that barrel threads on izmash s12 are reverse (lefty tighty...) but i believe tony re cuts and re threads the barrels. does tony also use reverse threads??

want to make sure i am going in the right direction before i start really cranking on it, and i hate to bother tony as busy as he is with such a silly question... any tricks for stuck muzzle devices would be much appreciated!! btw already tried strap wrench with no luck. and no it is not welded on. thanks in advance

The Saiga 12 is not reverse from the factory. I would unscrew it counter clockwise to remove. He most likely used Locktite so you may have to heat up the muzzle with a heat gun.

If he cut your barrel down to be 18.5" with the Shark, it will be welded in place.

Loctite cure and acts like a hard plastic

Dito on right hand threads

Use a propne tourch and carefully and slowly heat until you see a faint wisp of smoke . Loctite will become liquid again, then loosen.

Edited by saigatechusa
  • Like 1

You shouldn't need to heat it to remove it. It was installed with Purple low strength loctite. Just wrap a rag around the brake and clamp it in a vice, then rotate the gun to remove it. The threads are right hand on the Saiga 12 and 20 gauge, but left hand on the .410.

Tony

You shouldn't need to heat it to remove it. It was installed with Purple low strength loctite. Just wrap a rag around the brake and clamp it in a vice, then rotate the gun to remove it. The threads are right hand on the Saiga 12 and 20 gauge, but left hand on the .410.

Tony

Yep, thats what I did. And if your vice has sharp little teeth in the jaws make sure you wrap it real good and don't tighten the jaws beyond what you really need to.