The dust cover is a bit lose on my Tech Sights, but I love them. 3" at 300m is damn fine for an AK.

Have you managed a group like this?

The dust cover is annoying to put on and take off, and rattles too much. But I love the sight picture so much, if I ever have a need for stealth, I'll tape it down.

Are there any good quality Ghost Ring Sights that will work on a Saiga rifle? if so, what brands are reputable, where can i get them and what am i looking at to spend.

The Tech Sights are very good, although expensive (~$100).

+1 on the Tech Sights Jim! ive never heard of them before, and now im going to look into them for my Saiga and maybe my SKS as well!

Well yes and no. I got 3" prone at 100m, then I straped the gun to a rock and sucured it with a lot more force then a man has. It didn't move and looking down the sight it was all one hole(5rounds) When I got close and checked it was 1". Straping it down must have let the vibration move into a larger area. I do not think that it will ever work like that twice. Sorry I can't conferm with pics as we had our camra but no sd card. AK 1" groups will remain a myth :ded:

Edited by Datastick

+1 on the Tech Sights Jim! ive never heard of them before, and now im going to look into them for my Saiga and maybe my SKS as well!

My brother has them on both of his SKSs, and loves them. Be aware, though, that they are not easy drop-in parts for some SKSs. They installed easy on his Norinco, but he had to make permanent mods to his Russian in order to make them work.

I started out using them on my Ruger 10/22 and noticed big immediate gains in speed and accuracy.

Jim

The dust cover is a bit lose on my Tech Sights, but I love them. 3" at 300m is damn fine for an AK.

Yeah, It would be damned fine!

But if you are claiming that your rifle will do it I call bullshit. :rolleyes:

Guys, check my other thread for a disappointing discovery about the AK Tech Sights.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=48952&pid=454508&st=0entry454508

Basically, the only optics mounts that make sense with the Tech Sights are high rise side mounts, or offset-to-the-left optics like the PK-AS.

Edited by Jim Digriz

Yeah, It would be damned fine!

But if you are claiming that your rifle will do it I call bullshit. :rolleyes:

Crap... I messed that up really bad,twice. 300m is nuts. It should be 100.

I have no clue why I did that, but yes 3" at 300 is totall bullshit. Sorry to all who read those posts, fixing them now.

Must be going nuts :wacko:

Edited by Datastick