Arsenal SGL20 Gas tube removal?

I'm going to assume that you have rotated the latch on the RSB to the appropriate angle. There is a leaf spring at the rear of the gas tube that keeps it firmly in place. When I first striped my saiga it gave me a bit of trouble since it was so stiff. Make sure that it is depressed enough to allow the tube clearance. I ended up having to force it a bit. I suggest putting on a pair of gloves first to protect yourself in case it comes loose suddenly.

Moe Zambeak helped me get mine off last night. I never would have figured it out without him. It was really stuck in there even once I had it off it was hard to get back on. What he suggested was to wiggle the lever a little back and forth while pulling up on the gas tube to line up with the flat spot. I now see how it works but it was really tight...Thanks Ahren.

that upper handguard and gas tube will not come off? any ideas?

The gas tube on my SGL20 was somewhat difficult to remove also. Here's my solution: take a zip-tie and pass it under the rear of the gas tube, (just forward of where it meets the rsb). Partially tighten it, (leave enough room to get your fingers in there). Make sure that the securing latch is set to the correct angle to allow removal, then pull upward on the tie. This should pop the gas tube right off. By using a zip-tie, (instead of some prying tool), you will avoid damaging your rifle.

• Like 1