Gas Piston/Bolt Carrier Question

I shot my rifle for the first time the other day and it worked perfect. While cleaning the rifle later on I noticed it seemed like the gas piston had a little play in it where it connects to the bolt carrier. Now it wasn't much but I noticed that if you hold it by the bolt carrier and shake it I could feel the slightest bit of looseness where they meet, where as before firing the rifle it was stiff and had no play to it at all. Since I am new to shooting Ak variant rifles I don't know if this is normal or not. Hopefully one of ya'll could easily clear this up for me before I go shoot it again and have it blow up in my face.

I shot my rifle for the first time the other day and it worked perfect. While cleaning the rifle later on I noticed it seemed like the gas piston had a little play in it where it connects to the bolt carrier. Now it wasn't much but I noticed that if you hold it by the bolt carrier and shake it I could feel the slightest bit of looseness where they meet, where as before firing the rifle it was stiff and had no play to it at all. Since I am new to shooting Ak variant rifles I don't know if this is normal or not. Hopefully one of ya'll could easily clear this up for me before I go shoot it again and have it blow up in my face.

Ditto on Tritium's take. A little bit of play is perfectly normal, but if you are concerned, by all means have a gunsmith familiar with AK's take a look.

WS