Where do these springs go?

I started my conversion today. Upon re-assembly I noticed I had 2 extra springs. One appears to be a retaining spring for the hammer and trigger pins. My gun had no retainer plate in it. The other spring has a coil on it, which appears to go on one of the pins, with a long leg on it. The rifle seems to operate properly but I want to make sure I don’t leave something out. I am planning on running retaining clips for the pins too.

Edited by punkur67

ah ya I knew i left one out, the one in the left pic on bottom is the retainer spring. Did you get the retainer plate?

Edit I notice you said your gun didnt have a retainer plate now. If you didnt install one you should use the retainer spring to make sure the pins dont back out. You will have to trim it and fit it, can be done, but kinda frustrating. You can buy a retainer plate that drops in pretty simple, but if you didnt order one and dont have it on hand you might try the trimming technique first.

That other long spring with the coil you can trash.

Edited by chevyman097

Yup. Shepherds hook retaining spring, and old factory retaining spring. You can toss them or hang on to them as long as you have the retaining plate in place.

I tend to hang on to old springs just in case I need to fashion them into new springs.

• Like 1