dragonov stock

Hey take it easy on the newbie, he was just a little over-enthusiastic, that's all. :)

Are the dragonov style stocks considered a pistol grip? I'm in ny and would like to know if it would br legal to install one. we have messed up laws here.

Anyway ny rifleman the answer to your question is that a Saiga 12 with a thumb-hole type stock (like dragunov type stocks) is legal in New York state (though not in New York City of course, unless you know a politician or police chief you can bribe), and in fact some New York members of this forum have put thumb-hole/dragunov type stocks on their Saiga 12s, to make them look something like this:

post-5877-12643075801535_thumb.jpg

(Picture courtesy of forum member RalphXL.)

Edited by Frogfoot

Welcome NY Rifleman. Yes, the thumbhole stock is OK in NY State. I have one on my S-12. I even checked it out with the NYS Police. Also, the text of the NYS Assembly proposed expanded AWB (pending, not current legislation) specifically adds the thumbhole stock. Its OK now, but maybe not later.

Thanks Frogfoot, I've got a maadi thumbhloe stock lying around that I'm going to try. Damn chile needs to chile, I'm suprised some one has'nt punch his f**cing button.

LMFAO... Can't even spell fucking, that is spelled F U C K I N G :lolol:

ny rifleman, I had to poke at ya, double posting is common, but triple, yeah, I'm gonna haze your noob ass.

Take it in stride or GTFO, cause you need a thick skin on this forum, or these guy's will eat your lunch.

Now haul your Yankee ass down here and come shooting.

Also, the text of the NYS Assembly proposed expanded AWB (pending, not current legislation) specifically adds the thumbhole stock. Its OK now, but maybe not later.

Will they ban turkey guns with PGs? Ridiculous!

Damn I'm glad I don't live in such a State.

Also, the text of the NYS Assembly proposed expanded AWB (pending, not current legislation) specifically adds the thumbhole stock. Its OK now, but maybe not later.

Will they ban turkey guns with PGs? Ridiculous!

Damn I'm glad I don't live in such a State.

ChileRelleno:

Yes NY gun laws are really just plain stupid. But my friends, family, and life are here so here I'll stay. Some of us fight the good fight against these laws, but we are outnumbered by 9,000,000 New York City-its. The proposed expanded NYS AWB will require you to register your "AWs" just like a pistol. It cuts the number of allowed evil features to one and adds compensators and thumbhole stocks to the list. Like I told my state representatives (face to face), "At the stroke of a pen, you will turn me from a law-biding citizen to a violent felon - your choice".

BTW: Pistol grips on pump shottys are OK (for now). The NYS AWB applies to to semi-autos with detachable magazines and all other shotgun action types, if the tube holds more than 5 rounds. Don't ask me why, there is no logic to this crap.

CB

Your first felony will be your refusal to strip your firearms of these evil features... I sincerely hope the second, and violent one, will not :angel: be to shoot the cocksucker Liberal/Progressive politician(s) who signed that crap.

Comps are now evil Assault Weapon features? :wacko:

Edited by ChileRelleno