Houston HGCA Gun Show Report Reliant Center 1/23/10

Attended the Houston gun show today and had a chance to visit the TAC-47 Industries table. Cool ladies and cool Saiga 12 conversions :up:. Ladies were very friendly and nice. Really fine conversions folks. Ammo was readily available with 1K of 762x39 FMJ Brown Bear going for $199.00. Wolf Military 762x39 FMJ @ $249.99 per 1K with no Wolf buck or slug in the house. A few tables with Saiga's selling in the 450.00 - 550.00 area. I could only find one Bersa Thunder .380 concealed carry model going for 289.00 One of the main reasons I attended the show I was looking for one of these:

post-13534-12642867603185_thumb.jpg

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=O6HbNPd8pRA

I have been looking for just the right heavy duty knife for camping and survival and I believe I have found it. It is a Kar-Bar Becker BK2 companion. This knife is a full tang and weighs 1lb and made in the good old USA. It was designed by Ethan Becker an avid outdoorsman, chef and renaissance man. This knife can be used to cut kindling or chop onions. It also comes with a hard plastic sheath. I paid $75.00 which is simply too much but it was the only one in the house. These are extremely popular and can be found online cheaper in the range of $65.00 from Amazon but they are currently out. I will be purchasing several more to give to family and friends.

I also spoke with one of the promoters and asked about the private sale issue in Austin. He indicated that he believed this stunt was pulled due to the multitude of moonbats in Austin and illegals in the San Antonio area.

I managed to speak to an ammo importer and he told me that the unspent ammo in Iraq was purchased by Africa for dirt cheap. He indicated it was too costly to ship back to the states.

Also, a shooting buddy of mine who has a conceal license was asked to fill out a 4473 when purchasing a Remmington 870. Is this something new? Struck us as a little odd. Can someone please clarify this. Thanks.

Good luck and Happy Shooting,

Yakdung

:)

Edited by yakdung

Also, a shooting buddy of mine who has a conceal license was asked to fill out a 4473 when purchasing a Remmington 870. Is this something new? Struck us as a little odd. Can someone please clarify this. Thanks.

Having a CHL doesn't void Federal law.

It does negate the seller having to run a NICS check.

Having a CHL doesn't void Federal law.

It does negate the seller having to run a NICS check.

Thanks Nailoth.

Yakdung