Has anyone tried a rear peep sight that is large enough to use the outer ring of the sight protector wings? If you've ever shot an H & K much you would know that the sight protector is part of the sighting system and it works great! I've shot my best with the H & K system.

If I'm not mistaken, three different aperture sizes are available for the Mojo.

I like the looks of the Krebs, do you buy it direct? When you look through the Krebs, do you see the ring formed by the sight protection wings?

When I had the Krebs, the outside wings were sometimes just barely visible through the aperture. Really, you had to go off center slightly to see them. I think the larger size Mojo would probably be better suited for what you seem to be looking for.

Edited by Jim Digriz
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been thinking this over lot lately and discussing it with a couple recently made friends that migrated from Eastern Europe a few years back. They think its a bit odd the compulsion the Americans have

I am and allways will be a huge fan of simple iron sights. Only scope I have is on my sks and its just one of those chinese spotter scopes, Ive seen them called anyway, I can still use the irons by ju

The red dots are about speed, not accuracy. I like them on a rifle and they are seeing good service in the Middle East. I do not mean this as a negative, but frankly the Europeans don't have a lot to

Posted Images

When I had the Krebs, the outside wings were sometimes just barely visible through the aperture.

is that why you don't have it anymore?

No, I decided to just go with the simple notch and post on all of my guns. It was not on account of any defect with the Krebs, which are great for anyone who wants an aperture sight.

If your FSB is canted enough you will see part of a wing though the Krebs as the post has to move further than it should. Otherwise not when its lined up correctly. I have one rifle like that and just keep putting off fixing that FSB.

The mojo does have different inserts for its sight and Ive asked Krebs if they could include that feature on theirs. Im not giving up that RSB ballistics comp though.

Edited by Rhodes1968

Thanks for input, but it hit me after my post that the H and K front sight is dead center in the circle and can be used to aid sighting. The AK is not and would not be correct, My bad!

That is why Rhodes said a canted sight would let you see it.

I'm sure a larger insert would allow you to see it, but it would be no good for sight alignment.

Thanks all.

If I understand the question my sights are set for PoI to be slightly above the sight PoA so I can see what Im shooting at so to speak. I think any post type front sight works much better if you dont have to "cover up" the target. If this wasn't the question you asked please let me know. I still hope Krebs will make an aperture front sight also but meh I can wait. The problem is of course so many AKs have canted FSB an aperture would lose a lot of adjustment area and require getting the FSB straight.

you are correct sir. The reason i was thinking about setting the sight on the target poa is thats the way the glock and XS big dot sights are set up to function. You put the dot where you want to hit and squeeze one off. After posting I realized that for the me shooting at these ranges i prefer to have the six o'clock hold. man theses xs sights were so easy to install and adjust. I am sure glad i got them.

Makes shooting with Irons a whole nuther ball game doesnt it. I was able to find some radium paint (dont ask though think the phosphorescent paint may work almost as well) to do a thin outline on the rear sight even in total darkness I get a sight picture now though of course that doesn't light up the target still working on a good low cost solution for that.

:lolol: Yes it does. a whole lot more fun. Money well spent.

could add the grenade launcher....errr i mean flare launcher and light up the night. Not inexpensive but effective.

Hey I hope i am not the only one who is finding himself obsessing about these weapons. I mean these things are addictive. Totally practical,super reliable, easy to work on and clean, tons of mods to filter through....whats not to like.

Then there is the my S12!!!!

If i had more cash i would shot them like my ruger 10/22.

Edited by leadslinger

You have a good point. We should get a list together of the parts that don't cross over from the parts that are out there and start writing RAA. They seem to answer any emails i have had when i needed some odd ball info answered. I am sure that they see the market for them.

The problem I think is the Ruskies only contract for complete rifles. Besides if you get a spare rifle you get everything but the FCG at a lot less than what the parts cost would be. Having a spare bolt carrier, bolt, firing pin, barrel, and receiver makes a lot of sense at these prices.

One thing regarding the 1000 yard adjustable sight. In all the years big game hunting out west (Montana) we always sighted the same. About 1.5" to 2" high at 100 yards. This gives a dead on shot out to 300 yards. Now, let me say a cow elk at 100-125 yards looks like it's 200 plus in clear cut and I seen and personally shot over the back at that range with said sighting. We created a saying "shoot hair first! than raise the sight picture". The whole point is 300 yards in general is a LONG WAY what the F**K anyone shoots farther than that is a screw ball! We where shooting 30.06, 300 win mag and 7mm mag hunting rifles with 3-9 power range scopes! I've seen longer shots but have not tried it because there was no use for it. Unless we are in a military assault or defense and especially as we are talking AK format rifles (with intermediate cartridges) there is NO use for a 1000 yard sight (OK for reproduction reasons) but when you install an aperture sight (Krebs or Mojo) one only needs to sight it about 1.5 to 2" high at 100 yards and the rest will be taken care of, trust me.

JMHO

022.gif

Frosty

post-11604-12754097996813_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The whole point is 300 yards in general is a LONG WAY what the F**K anyone shoots farther than that is a screw ball! We where shooting 30.06, 300 win mag and 7mm mag hunting rifles with 3-9 power range scopes!

I know someone who took down a deer at a verified 426 yards with a 30.06. I would never have attempted that shot myself.

The ak is not a light rifle to begin wth when compared with ar's and what not.

That's why, after some experimentation, the only setup I'll be happy with as far as red dots go is the Ultimak + Aimpoint Micro (or Aimpoint Micro clone) combo. Only adds about 5.7 ounces (including the extra weight from the Ultimak clamps).

Edited by Jim Digriz
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...