Dragunov wood stock on an S-12

post-2898-12648611172466_thumb.jpgOK. Sorry to delete the original post by mistake after posting multiple times.

My question was this;

Does an original Dragunov stock fit the standard S-12 receiver without modifications?

If not, is there a manufacturer that makes one with the grip section having a contour more like an AR grip? I already sent BRG3 a note as he is the one who fabricated my original stock set. I just want a different look to my piece.

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks.

nyclu3

Edited by nyclu3

A original dragonov stock won't fit a S-12, the reciever is different. There were AKs made with damn near the same design though and everyone just refers to it as a dragonov stock.

BRG3 would be the first person to ask for custom wood to match... well his own. If you call ironwood they might be able to help you out...

what wood is your foregrip? thats your biggest problem in finding a match.

I suggest you E-mail him directly. He often takes a while if you wait for him to find this thread.

I think that wood looks great though, why do you want to change it?

I agree, it does look great, but I just want a change to its appearance on the range and in the field. I also don't like using such a nice stock in thick bushes. Very handy when I used it pheasant hunting...

Thanks for the compliment. I haven't posted this pic in a while.

nyclu3