Stocking up on ammo

Well i've collected a decent amount in various calibers for my guns but one i was not sure about and just haven't dealt with until now is shotgun ammo. I have a "tacticool" 870 and i keep some 12g on hand but will 12g rounds hold up after a lengthy storage? i understand your rounds should be cycled every now and then but i dont shoot the 12g very often but i would like to have it on hand for any situation that may occur. I did a search before this post and didnt find much so any feedback is appreciated!

Well i've collected a decent amount in various calibers for my guns but one i was not sure about and just haven't dealt with until now is shotgun ammo. I have a "tacticool" 870 and i keep some 12g on hand but will 12g rounds hold up after a lengthy storage? i understand your rounds should be cycled every now and then but i dont shoot the 12g very often but i would like to have it on hand for any situation that may occur. I did a search before this post and didnt find much so any feedback is appreciated!

Keep in a cool, dry place not in direct sunlight and ammo will keep for a long time. Get 500 rounds of higher quality loads and store them in an ammo box with one of those charcoal briquettes or something to absorb any moisture and you'de be surprised. IMO

Edited by DJ Big Dog
  • Like 1