anyone have a lancaster 74 rough rider?

I like my 47 from them.. but it's not a roughrider or a 74 so I was hesitant to comment.. Although I think roughrider just means the didn't do asthetic finishing though.. I personally really like lancaster.. they have a good reputation for the most part.. Although I think PA got a bad one and would tell you otherwise, I've been really happy with mine.. Life time warranties cool too.. like I'll need it on an AK.. haha

What I dislike about Lancaster is their inconsistency.. and their customer service, which is atrocious. It seems that most of their rifles are built well, but the "Russian Red" model 3060 I (very briefly) owned was the worst-built AK I've ever seen. My GP WASR 10/63 put it to shame.

If you decide to buy a rifle from them, I recommend you do so through Atlantic.. so that you'll have a dependable business as a buffer between you and Lancaster, (the horror stories of people who've ordered rifles directly from Lancaster are endless).

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Your honestly the only one I've heard of PA, but I havn't exactly searched... I would admit that I bought mine from atlantic, maybe better quality control that way.. Also had a concern about it, it was my first ak and.. well my concern was retarded (so retarded I'm not even going to mention it because it shames me to think of it) and they were really helpful in explaining it to me.

By the way, what was wrong with yours PA? Just for my own reference.. I like lancaster and would buy from them again, but I'd like to ask and make sure I don't get whatever the hell you got before I order.

Got mine from Atlantic also. Love mine. Talked with Lancaster also after I purchased, and they were fine to work with. I think with any product you buy you will find problems. Who would of thought Toyota would be having the problems we see today? At any rate sorry PA got a bad one. Thats never a good feeling, however I hope more people pass on them so I can buy more. ;)