saiga hi cap 7.62 mags

NO,NO. IT's made to hold 10 rounds until you take the retaining bar out of the bottom of the mag and then it will hold 30 rounds , I will take pics tonight and show everyone how looks before and after. the reason they do that is so they can ship it overseas. it's Like a person posting a ak-47 30 round mag on e-bay and saying it can only hold 10.

Which brings up another question I've been wondering about.. if you can only make some modification after adding a certain number of US parts.. just one glance and you can tell if you have required US parts or are we field stripping to check? Devils advocate> :devil:

I can't legally hunt with a semi-automatic and I'm not planning a crime spree or any civil unrest...just got a few watermellons with my name on 'em.

exactly, I dont want to weld or file my rifle or parts and I want to be able to switch from legal 10 round and 30-looking for the local range to full-on 30 for when I have to get nasty. Besides, its easier to remove a wire and you dont have to be precise. Pop the bottom off, remove the wire, reassemble. 5 seconds. I ilke plastic too ;)

The issue at stake here is legality though. Remember that despite the fact the mags are original Saiga mags, I doubt they were manufactured before 1994. As such, they're restricted by the AWB and basically, illegal. If they were manufactured prior to 1994, there'd be something to consider. I'd like to puchase actual Saiga 30 rd mags myself but till I know about their legality, I'll save my dollars.

hemophilic, the 10 rounder that came with the rifle still works flawlessly.

...I doubt they were manufactured before 1994.  As such, they're restricted by the AWB and basically, illegal.  If they were manufactured prior to 1994, there'd be something to consider.

SammoH, I would not bet my life that my "like new" Polack surplus mags were manufactured before 1994. Let's face it, the law is a joke and there is no way that you can prove when the high cap mags were manufactured. Acquaintances of mine that are currently in the Balkans tell me that the SKS factory and the magazine factories are working three shifts, yet none of the indigenous troops or police are being refitted with new equipment, and sealed containers head out to the seaports every day. Ditto for the British AR mags coming into the country. If there is no date stamp, it must be preban! :smoke:

Edited by Sheik Yerbouti

:smoke:

Hi there

the company that is selling you the mags is based in england , so am i .

there is another company that is the official importer for izmash products and my guess is that they will be cheaper, they have a branch in the U.S so they will be aware of the relevant laws in the U.S

assassin

Yes, But they don't keep them in stock as much as the other seller. the price is the same and I got my two mags in 6 working days. I was in contact with them and they told me they were back ordered, I found the new web site the next day and had my new mags in 6 days. they come

in a 10 round formate and it is up the owner, law or no law to mod them. If you can find them for less than 45 dollars each let us know, the price on the web site is the same price i paid for mine.