WTS: AR-15 Custom Target Classic, Eagle Arms Lower

SOLD!

FINAL FRIGGIN UPDATE: Price reduced to $530 shipped and insured to lower 48 states. Package includes:

Rifle as pictured with sling.

THREE (3) Mil-spec 30rd mags and pouch

4x Compact scope from our wonderful Tapco

Barrel Wrench

Front site tool

Eagle Lower receiver (by Armalite)

NON-FA pre-A1 SP1 style upper by FN

CHROME LINED (not just Chrome Moly) 16" barrel with FREE FLOAT handguard

If you prefer a different upper receiver or prefer to add your own, talk to me and it may be doable. I have a non-FA A3 type synthetic upper receiver also available, never used. It comes with a barrel wrench so you can do your own upper receiver refits.

And here's the pic (Converted Saiga is NOT for sale):

18043AK_AR1.jpg

I am located in Western PA, but FTF will probably not be economical due to gas prices. Consider how much it would cost to drive and meet vs $20-30 to support your local dealer. UPDATE: I have a new ride that gets good gas mileage. I will consider FTF for $515 depending on location and your reputation on this and other boards. If you do wish to FTF, for pete's sake don't dress like a hoodlum, and be prepared to sign a private statement that you are not prohibited at all from purchasing firearms, including DL# and such.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

Alright, I'm going to ask some possibly idiotic questions while I tear the sofa apart looking for loose change. Please bear with me, as I've never owned an AR15:

(1) Cast or Forged Lower? It probably doesn't make a bit of difference, but I'm curious.

(2) Is the lower is universally interchangeable with other uppers? I've heard possible hearsay in the past, and just want to make sure.

(3) Why must you torment me? Huh? :cryss:

(4) What's wrong with the current trigger group? And where would you find another one?

I might have to just go ramen only for the next few months...

i can answer a couple of those for you, owning an Eagle AR myself.

i thought it was a forged lower. THOUGHT. no idea, dropped the gun one time with it open for cleaning onto concrete and it didnt crack like other's i have heard do. happy day that was.

the eagle lower is a mil spec reciever. its a poor man's AR, but its still well made, and by being mil-spec, almost all uppers will fit it. the ones that dont fit are older colt uppers, and the front pin is in a slightly different spot. there are special pins you can get to use these on current lowers.

im just curious how you came up with the 580? havent looked at lowers at all for price, but just curious how you get that number?

On FCGs, it broke in a couple bad places and is unusable. I will not sell with the FCG installed. It is included but not recommended for use. Checking Bushmaster catalog parts, a quality FCG of theirs should be about $30 altogether.

I do believe the lower is forged. Eagle Arms is the budget division of Armalite. That means base finish, but high quality control and good manufacturing.

The price is something I think is good for what you're getting. An AR with quality parts assembled independently of a major manufacturer, and dropping the price for the absent FCG instead of buying one and charging accordingly. I'm basically gearing it to compete with the lowest end ARs that don't have the combination of quality features such as Eagle lower, chrome lined bore, and free float handguard. It also offers the option of a pre-A1 upper devoid of the abominable forward assist and having a firmer and more durable rear site than the A2 and later versions. Again, if you prefer the A2 or A3 we can talk about upper receiver options.

Thanks all for interest. Definitely talk to me on how I can best work with you on this.

• 3 weeks later...

FCG replacement is still in the works. Act now and you can get claim it at this price. If no takers by the time it gets put back together, it's going local or to another forum at a higher price.

Folks here have wanted it but have splurged on Saigas. This is a good buy for anyone in the market for such a thing.

Edited by BattleRifleG3
  • 2 weeks later...

FCG is incoming. Come on, guys, where can you get a deal like this? Chrome lined barrel, Eagle Arms lower, heavy duty A1 rear site, rare or expensive slick-side upper...

Note that Olympic plinkers going for $600ish are not Chrome lined, neither are Eagles (far as I know). Rock River and Bushmaster are the lowest priced chrome lined guns, and they cost a chunk more.

It's still a mere $580 shipped. You know you want it.

Looking forward to pictures. I do need some cash from this transaction, though I can consider partial trades. Other items welcomed in trade are Mausers and 357 Leverguns, preferably Win 94 or Marlin 1894.

Please note that I will also be approaching local dealers for offers. Consider it available until I post otherwise. If you're on the fence, now's the time to act...

Took it all over the gun show yesterday. Seems every dealer is stocked full of ARs, and every guy has two already or a wife ready to kill him if he takes home another gun.

Final price reduction to $550 shipped. New FCG is installed and the package now includes a Tapco 4x compact scope with integral mount.

Will accept 45-70, 357, and 35 Rem guns in partial trade. Will accept barebones FAL with 3-5 mags straight accross. 8mm Mausers no longer sought, Israeli KAR-98 in 308 still accepted as partial trade.

Edited by BattleRifleG3
  • 2 weeks later...

Final price reduction to $530 shipped to match my ad on NA Gunrunners.

Also will consider partial trade of synthetic stocked base 12ga pump shotguns and additional rifle sited slug barrels for them

UNC Ithaca 37 Clone (ghost ring sited police model only)

NEF Pardner Pump

Rem 870 express (factory mag extension highly preferred)

5 or 8 shot Moss 500

As well as a barebones Saiga-12, 45 ACP CZ-75 type pistol, barebones fullsize 1911 of reputable manufacture (RIA, SAM, C. Daly)

Will also consider AK parts kits and a certain high quality Bulgarian stock set.

Also, I might as well say up front that I'm blowing out this AR insanely low and you know it. I'm giving you a friggin good deal here and while I don't wish to insult anyone's trade offers, I likewise don't wish to be insulted. I'm offering a good deal and offering at least a competitive deal on a trade only makes sense.

Ok, the more I tear my hair out over forum folks suggestions, here, I'll make offers:

If your trade is in perfect working condition and good visual condition, I'll offer:

$125ish for a UNC Ithaca 37

$100ish for a NEF Pardner pump

$250ish for a Rem 870 Express WITH factory mag tube extension

$150-210ish for Moss 500, depending

Add on $50-75 if you have a rifled barrel in addition.

Will offer $250-350 for a 1911 variant, $250-350 for CZ-75 clone in 45 ACP, $200-275 for a barebones single magged S-12 (will only pay extra for US compliance parts installed in a standard conversion), $250-350 for a 357, 35 Rem, or 45-70 Levergun (I can get one for that much WITH scope).

Complete AK kits (less receiver) may range from $75-200 depending on variety and quality, and US compliance parts are welcome.

Will also accept 10rd mag extension for Rem 1100

Olympic or S&B 8x57mm ammo

Euro, American, South African or Australian 7.62x51mm NATO

Noncorrosive X39, Hollowpoint preferred

You know what? If you have a friggin Kayak and live in western PA, tell me what the heck you have and I'll think about it.

In case you guys haven't noticed, I'm really frustrated here and would just plain give up and keep the AR except that I intend to buy many of the above and just plain don't need an AR with all the other guns I have. I have no money to spare for the above so I obviously can't buy your stuff unless you or someone else buys my AR.

So for pete's sake, buy my AR. :P;) You know you want to and you're not going to find a better price anywhere, much less for these features.

Edited by BattleRifleG3

If you really want it gone, why not list it on gunbroker and set the reserve for $550 or so? If it doesnt sell it wont cost anything. Or for that matter try Warrifles.com.

I am AR poor myself, thinking about trading uppers or I would be interested also.

I don't dig auction sites. Rules are good, computer enforced rules I'm not so keen on. Rather communicate human to human and have rules enforced by human moderators.

Actually have a sale pending.

EDIT: SOLD! Thanks all for the interest!

Edited by BattleRifleG3
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.