I wouldnt go as far as to say it would be rediculous wink.gif But 10 gauges arent realy all to common these days. I hadly ever see ammo either.

Yeah I have an old box of 10s on a shelf and an old goose gun, I have build AKs before, next thing ya know my mind started to run wild with possibilities! :)

It would be a huge project. You'd need to find a way to fit a 10 gauge barrel of some sort, probably need to custom mill a new gas block, drill the barrel to fit your new block, open up the bolt face a bit to work with the wider rim (would the extractor still work?), make new mags...

Assuming it is even possible it is certainly too much work for dubious benefit.

• 2 weeks later...

Making a reliable magazine will prove to be just as hard as the remainder of the project.

I don't have a 10g shell in front of me. I wonder if the receiver is wide enough to take a 10g mag.

I've never even seen a 10ga shell.............but Google gave me this:

DCP_0013.JPG

10ga / 12ga / .410

It looks like width is not an issue, but I don't see how a 10ga mag could possibly fit into an S-12 receiver, given the length of the 10ga shell. Then again, I'm no engineer.