Optics Choices for Extended Quad Rail

Of course everybody is going to have a different preference.

I did a post here about optics for my S12 when I first became a member of this forum as a noob.

I asked a lot of questions and was a pain in the ass to everybody.

There is good information from some knowledgable people here. I hope it helps you.

http://forum.saiga-1...showtopic=46520

Have fun on your quest.

I ended up going with an Armson O.E.G. and Krebs for BUIS.

Love it!

Edited by THE RIPPER

i just got mine today and put on my magpul sights which work great and i re installed my burris fastfire II which has also served me well. here are some pictures. It also has a tromix charging handle, shark brake, caa buffer tube, magpul stock, Krebs canted vertical grip adapter and a gunfixer knob. It also as a goofy green laser that is really just holding a spot for the fenix ta 30 light that i ordered a long time ago...funny story.

post-18659-12655218594572_thumb.jpeg

post-18659-1265521884424_thumb.jpeg

post-18659-12655219254973_thumb.jpeg

post-18659-12655219489523_thumb.jpeg

Stupid related question, thought it better to tag along on a similar thread than start a whole new one: Krebs 51 rear-rail attaches to the rear-sight mount and the tang, so what do you do on a Restored iron that no longer has a tang?

Cool, that the one I ordered.

Is that a protector mount on the fast fire in the last pic? If so do you have any other pics of it? I'm thinking about getting one of those as well.

How do the MBUS work? That is the thing I am un happy about with my current set up. If the fast fire fails I have nothing else unless I unscrew the top quad rail. I do not have the extended rail but perhaps even just the front flip up MBUS would be better than nothing.

the magpul mbus are great...set the rear to the large aperture and you're ready to roll. yes that is the protective mount, i'll post closeups tomorrow, if i can remember. the only issue i have now is the burris sits too low for the flip ups, so i need a small rail riser for that. otherwise everything is smooth like buttah.