Dude, you totally scored with that find. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You have every right to be as excited as Hades. With the condition you purchased it in, that's one ultra-sweet revolver.

Congrats again!

:up:

Thanks.In all the years ive been into guns its very rare to find a used gun in this shape thats 38 years old.He must have got it for home protection loaded it and never used it.He may have shot it a few times.cleaned it and put it in the nightstand and not shot it sence.

Nice!

I found my Model 10 (1969) at a pawnshop also, mine was a service gun, and even came with the police weave patern holster.

Mine looked like it was shot very little and the lockup was tight, but it had lots of holster wear.

I made it into a $230 truck gun, shoots very well! :super:

Nice!

I found my Model 10 (1969) at a pawnshop also, mine was a service gun, and even came with the police weave patern holster.

Mine looked like it was shot very little and the lockup was tight, but it had lots of holster wear.

I made it into a $230 truck gun, shoots very well! :super:

With +p hp ammo these are still good self defence guns.The DA pull on mine is smooth as silk.Thats why S&W 10s were a cop standard for so long.

"Not been fired?"

Run a patch throught it. It should have powder residue from the factory test firing. Either way, nice piece.

Iam sure it been shot before at S&W for testing and who got it before me shot it butt it dont look like is had a lot of rounds in it is what I needed to say, sory bout that.Inside the recoil sheild on the fireing pin hole thirs no impact marks from a fired shell hitting the frame.On a revolver that mark tells you if alot of rounds have hit thir from recoil or not,on a very used gun you will see six on the recoil sheild if thousands of rounds have went in it just from shooting and haveing the back of the shell hiting the same spot time and time again.But ya its been shot iam shure,butt for a 38 year old gun it looks as close to mint as you can find .The dude that had it kept it clean and put away thats why its like that goes to show what TLC looks like down the road.Like to buy a car of him LOL.